PDA

View Full Version : Full details on upcoming Hammer DVDs!

jae
03-06-2001, 10:01 PM
This just in from DVD Drive-In. Check this out jack! :)

SCARS OF DRACULA will have an audio commentary by Christopher Lee and director Roy Ward Baker plus the documentary "The Many Faces of Christopher Lee"

BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB will have an introduction by star Valerie Leon, and will also have rare early production stills with Peter Cushing in the Andrew Kier role

HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN will have an audio commentary by director Jimmy Sangster

DR JEKYLL & SISTER HYDE will have an audio commentary by writer Brian Clemens, director Roy Ward Baker and star Martine Beswick

STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING will have an audio commentary by star Rita Tushingham

FEAR IN THE NIGHT will have an audio commentary by director Jimmy Sangster

LUST FOR A VAMPIRE will have an audio commentary by director Jimmy Sangster and star Suzanna Leigh

HELL IS A CITY will have an audio commentary by director Val Guest

TO THE DEVIL... A DAUGHTER will feature a new documentary "The Making of To The Devil... A Daughter" featuring Christopher Lee, Honor Blackman, Roy Skeggs, David Wickes, John Peacock, Gerry Hughes and Peter Sykes, amongst others

mutleyhyde
03-06-2001, 10:23 PM
Well, now don't that beat all? Jimmy Sangster's makin' the circuit now, huh? That's great! That's all great news, but I'm particularly excited about Jimmy, Roy Ward Baker, Martine Breas... I mean, Bestwick, Chris Lee and Val Guest. And any extra showcasing Peter Cushing is most definitely a welcome addition. :D Great job Jae!

Mark Relford
03-07-2001, 05:42 AM
Cool news, jae! I'm looking forward to Lust For a Vampire, Scars of Dracula, and To the Devil... A Daughter. I need to get my Hammer collection going. (I have Dracula, Prince of Darkness, Plague of the Zombies, and Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.)

M. Hyde, is Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde any good?

mutleyhyde
03-07-2001, 08:26 AM
Is it a Hammer film? Well, there you go! :D
Actually, I can't say that I've seen this one, but I do like Martine. She has very mysterious eyes, which of course go well with Hammer.

HammerFANatic
03-07-2001, 01:36 PM
Excellent job, Jae! :D This is really great news about all these releases enjoying commentary as well as a documentary or two! I still need several of the Hammer titles that have already been released, but I will get these new titles, ASAP. As for, Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde, the film is very good, I think it's amazing how much Bates and Beswick look alike in this film!

carl.kolchak
03-07-2001, 04:14 PM
Thanks jae! This is great! I see at least 5 that are must buys for me! :D

Mark Relford
03-08-2001, 06:30 AM
Thanks, guys! I'll add Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde to my growing list of upcoming DVDs.