PDA

View Full Version : Devil Rides Out remake ... didn't even know

Dave
03-07-2001, 02:14 AM
http://www.darkhorizons.com

The Devil Rides Out: Ananova reports that Christopher Lee will star in this remake of the Hammer classic. The 1967 original, based on the Dennis Wheatley occult novel, had Lee playing Duc de Richleau who tries to prevent his young ward from falling victim to a group of Satanists. Lee will reprise the role whilst "Gremlins" Director Joe Dante will helm the feature. Lee says the project will be "very exciting, particularly with today's special effects". Thanks to Gazza's Movie Page

Good news? Bad news? What do you guys think about the remake? I remember listening to Lee in the Devil Rides Out laserdisc commentary - he did specifically state how he'd like to do a remake.

With Dante and Lee on board, it seems promising.

mutleyhyde
03-07-2001, 02:44 AM
It does sound promising. Chris was saying that Hammer was thinking of redoing it. Is it in fact the new Hammer producing it? That would be terrific. It's about time they got off their butts and did something with their new acquisition.

HammerFANatic
03-07-2001, 01:23 PM
I've been hearing this news for the past few years. I first heard that the *new* Hammer was going to remake this film, but then I heard that regardless if they had something to do with it or not, Lee was going to see this film remade. Personally, the only part of the film that I feel many fans would want to see remade would be the final scenes of the film where the special effects fell flat. Other than that, I'm not really sure why they'd want to remake a film that is definitely one of the Hammer films that most fans consider one of the best.

carl.kolchak
03-07-2001, 09:14 PM
This would be great to see a remake! I hope they can still get the actor who was the chubby, grinning, black demon in the red diaper, he was incredible! DON'T LOOK AT THE EYES!!!!!! :) :D :eek: