PDA

View Full Version : How Many Do You Need.....

HammerFANatic
03-10-2001, 08:59 AM
To complete your collection of current availabe DVDs from the Hammer collection? I still need these and hope I can get my hands on them before the next batch is released!
The Reptile
The Plague of the Zombies
The Witches
Prehistoric Women
Viking Queen
The Devil Rides Out
The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires
Rasputin the Mad Monk
The Vengeance of She

Boy, that was depressing! I didn't realize I needed so many until I began writing them all down.
:eek: :(

mutleyhyde
03-10-2001, 10:28 AM
HF, Shame on you! You don't have Rasputin, the Maaaad Monk yet? That's my second favorite, after Twins of Evil - of course. Well, due to some mix up with my last batch that I ordered, I still need The Reptile (they said they had it, they didn't - erghhh!). But that's it, the only one I need. I don't mean to gloat, but - aw, what the hell, I can't help it! Wee-hoo, nyaaahhh-ha-ha! I'm on toppa da world baby! :D :D :D

Okay, sorry. It just kinda happened, you know? I just couldn't help it. Please, forgive me. Actually HF, if I could help ya, I would. Those're some key titles you're missing (Devil Rides Out, Plague of the Zombies, and The Reptile esp.). Wish I had doubles to swap with ya. I actually watched The Witches just tonight. It took me a few watches to finally get into it, but it's pretty good. It's just different than the gothic stuff; I think that was the problem. But it was really good after I got over that. The tv episode on this one is "Wicked Women" and it was very fun! Some of these episodes cover the same ground and get a little tired (GASP) but this one was real fresh and included a bunch of the psycho-thriller stuff not prevalent on the others. Anyway, it was cool. Sorry to ramble on, but it is Hammer, right? ;)
Good luck in closing the gap HF!

HammerFANatic
03-10-2001, 01:42 PM
MH, it's definitely not a good sign when a Hammer fanatic is so low on the DVD collection, eh?! I've not seen any of the titles I need in the retail stores in my area and I seem to have a gross lack of patience when ordering from online sites, but it looks like that is what's going to have to be done, if I want to complete this collection.

You're certainly to be congratulated, MH and envied by me for your nearly complete Hammer collection. :D

mutleyhyde
03-10-2001, 10:10 PM
Come over and watch! Everybody - We'll have a party! BYOB - blood, that is! It is strange that for awhile there, the B&Ms were stocking Hammer, and all of a sudden, they went "poof", and they were gone. I ammassed most of my collection back in the glory days of dvdpricesearch, coupon haven that it was. I rarely paid more than 10-12 bucks for Hammer discs, shipped. It's hard as hell nowadays just trying to find them for under 20 bucks. For what it's worth, I just found that The Movie Store (online) has The Witches for 10.99. That's the only one I could find on the cheap for ya - I'll keep my eyes open. ;)

HammerFANatic
03-11-2001, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the info, MH! Unfortunately for me, the last couple of years were very tough while awaiting my Social Security disability to come through, so I missed out on acquiring many if not all of the discs. Thanks to family and some friends, I've added some of the Hammer titles to my collection, but as was noted above....I still need a ton!

carl.kolchak
03-11-2001, 06:35 AM
MH, all but The Reptile is a solid "H" collection! :) I'm about 1/2 way, right behind HF, but I'll be adding The Abominable Snowman as soon as my $25 Amzn gc comes from this promotion. :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056BSQ/107-1843732-5134908

Where's Diamondhead? I'd gladly trade him my dvds, I think he has a complete Hammer LD collection, including Twins! :D

Unfortunately, I got into online dvd buying about the time the best deals started
disappearing. I've been pestering columbia house about once a week to add the Hammer discs hoping to pick up the ones I need at about $9-$10 each. :)

joltaddict
03-12-2001, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde:
I still need The Reptile (they said they had it, they didn't - erghhh!). But that's it, the only one I need.

Well it looks as if your previous gloating will have to be retracted! ;)

HammerFANatic
03-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Gee, it gets even more depressing! I forgot to add, X-The Unknown to my list of current Hammer needs!