PDA

View Full Version : Not Really Hammer Related, But.....

HammerFANatic
03-16-2001, 01:03 PM
I recently won an auction on eBay for the book, Amicus-The Studios That Dripped Blood. :D It should be arriving at the end of this week or early next week, but I'm very excited about adding this to my collection.

Diamondhead
03-16-2001, 04:06 PM
I have the book. the photos are really nice and its nice to have a complete filmograpky of Amicus. However, I don't think the author of the text really likes the films all that much.

HammerFANatic
03-16-2001, 08:05 PM
Hmmmmmm DH, is the book basically an unbiased look at the films or does it really come across as a non-fan writing the book? I can appreciate an unbiased view, but not one that overly condems a studio, director, actor, etc....any more than I really like an overzealous fan's view...gimme the good with the bad! :D

Diamondhead
03-20-2001, 04:11 PM
HF it just seemed to me that the author thinks, with one or two exceptions (The Skull, Dr. Terror's House of Horrors and Horror Hotel), he finds most of the rest of Amicus' output to be mediocre. I think its a little strange to write a book about a studios entire output if you think that the majority of the films are subpar. I don't mean that he rips into them or anything, he just seems to think that they aren't anything special.

HammerFANatic
03-20-2001, 08:14 PM
DH, the book finally arrived, today, so I plan on sitting down this afternoon/evening and checking it out. I can say just from the glance through I gave the boo....the photos are FANTASTIC! :D