PDA

View Full Version : Weather Woman Dvd?

Fart Lighter
03-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Has anybody seen this DVD? I know it's non-anamorpic, but otherwise is it any good? I hope the subs aren't down in the black bar at the bottom!

Are Central Park Media releases generally good quality?

Deaddevilman
04-02-2003, 02:32 AM
It's your usual Japanese sex crazed story. If you don't have a date on Friday night, it might be worth your time. Check out Black Angel for a better movie. Female Vigilante type of character.

Fart Lighter
04-02-2003, 11:08 PM
I've seen the movie. I was interested in finding out if the disk was any good or not.

Bods
04-03-2003, 06:23 AM
I don't have the DVD, but I've heard it "looks OK". French review site DVDRama gave the image 7/10, pretty much saying that it looked good but the absence of anamorphic enhancement was a shame.

http://www.dvdrama.net/fiche.php?1215

Not sure about the subtitles. You could always shoot CPM an e-mail and ask...they've replied to most if not all of the mails I've sent them in the past.

Generally speaking, well, their anime discs are good. Not too sure about their live-action catalogue.

Some older releases aren't the best, and they've stuffed up on occasion; the whole Slayers audio problem issue for one example, and their upcoming DVD of Zero Woman: The Accused will be the R-rated version only...but other than that, they're going ok imo.