PDA

View Full Version : How are these 3 movies?

The Black Death
03-29-2003, 08:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3318463947&category=2299

Can anyone tell me anything on the legitimacy/quality of these dvds? I've had a bootleg VHS of Versus for quite a while, but I only watched it once due to the horrendous quality...

How are those other 2 movies and is this a worthwhile auction to buy those movies?

KillSwitch
03-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Those are boots. I have bought from that seller a few many times and was always happy. The Versus disc is good. There is a behind the scenes thing on it, its in japanese without subs but its easy to follow and stuff. It mostly talks about the fight scenes.
Suicide circle is a cool movie. Really bloody.
Battle Royale... another good movie. The director's cut IMO doesn't really add much, just a few digitally corrected fx shots (bullet hits and the knife in the head) and a bit of character stuff but its still cool.
If you don't mind boots... go ahead and get em. If you hate em, oh well.

Nick

Shannafey
03-30-2003, 04:02 AM
I have mentioned this many times before... Just go to www.yumyumanime.com They have them all.

Wermode
03-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I, too, have bought from that seller, including both "Tartan" boots of Ring 1 and 2, and that exact copy of Versus. They are all good. Shipping may be a bit cheaper than buying from online retailers, which is why I bought from him. I also get titles from fullhousedvd and a couple others on Ebay.

When buying these kinds of discs, I always look for extras and removable subtitles. If a disc has both, it's probably good. Without, it's probably a cheap bootleg.

KillerCannabis
04-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Is there a good copy of Suicide Circle out anywhere thats NOT a bootleg? I've heard its a kick ass flick and I want it on DVD now but cant find it anywhere to order.

Deaddevilman
04-01-2003, 09:50 PM
I buy all of my asian, mainly Japanese films, from
http://dvdasian.com/

Good prices, fast delivery and great product. The guy who runs the shop acutally delivered a package at my home once, because he was near my area, saving me the shipping charge. Hard to believe in this day and age.

Wermode
04-04-2003, 05:51 AM
KillerCannabis, I ordered a copy of Suicide Circle for $14.99 from a guy in Florida who has sold me good discs in the past. I'll post back here once the order comes in and I've checked it out. I'm pretty sure it's the same as this disc from yumyumanime, but I didn't have to pay shipping from the guy on Ebay.

http://yumyumanime.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IAALAD&Product_Code=SC

Disco Stu
04-07-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
Is there a good copy of Suicide Circle out anywhere thats NOT a bootleg? I've heard its a kick ass flick and I want it on DVD now but cant find it anywhere to order.

I thought it was a terrific movie, smart, ambitious, and ballsy, and no cop-out ending. I've only seen bootlegs as well, however I rented it and was able to make a copy onto DVD-R because of that.