PDA

View Full Version : R2 - Ichi the Killer: Collectors Edition

John
03-30-2003, 10:46 PM
I don't know if you guys have seen this already. If so, ignore me. If not, I think it will make a few of you happy you logged on today.

From DVD Reviewer:

Moving on to their Premiere Asia label and we have Ichi the Killer: Collector's Edition showing up on 2nd June, directed by Takashi Miike and featuring Tadanobu Asano, Nao Omori, Shinya Tsukamoto, Sabu and Alien Sun. Set to street with a digitally re-mastered anamorphic transfer from a new wetgate lo-con 35mm print, this features a 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack, commentary track with producer Eliot Tong and actress Alien Sun, interviews, behind-the-scenes vignettes, EPK featuring interview with the director, out-takes, behind-the-scenes footage, a photo gallery, biographies, filmographies and trailers. The RRP will be 19.99.

When yakuza boss Anjo disappears without warning, along with a prostitute and one hundred million yen, loyal but psychotic, sadomasochistic hitman Kakihara takes it upon himself to lead the search, employing various methods of torture, mutilation and murder as a means to an end. Along the way, he meets sexy club hostess Karen and through her learns of the near mythic Ichi, an armour clad, razor-booted assassin with incredible martial arts skills and serious emotional and psychological problems. Could Ichi be the one behind the disappearance of Kakihara's boss?

zblade
03-31-2003, 12:13 AM
Sadly, this version wil be cut. From bbfc:
When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 128m 33s.The running time of this film was calculated from the measured length of 11277+9 ( feet + frames ).
To obtain this category cuts of 3m 15s were required. The cuts were Compulsory.

My advice, go for the dutch version or wait for the region 1 release..

John
03-31-2003, 01:10 AM
I knew it sounded too good to be true! :fire:

slinker
03-31-2003, 06:50 AM
Its funny how `Irreversable` and `Salo` slip through the BBFC uncut , yet pure fantasy based violence is always frowned upon.... they must have been cranky that day :mad:

KillerCannabis
04-01-2003, 07:02 AM
Sounded like a killer disc until I found out it was cut. I've got the R2 Dutch edition and I dont think that theres going to be a copy to top it anytime soon. I'd love to see a super R1 edition, but I wont hold my breath.