PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Films and Conventions

HammerFANatic
04-05-2001, 02:33 PM
Having never attended a convention, I have a question for those of you that have....do you find an unusually large amount of Hammer memorabilia at these functions? Videos, DVDs, posters, lobby cards, books, magazines, stills, etc? I'm wondering if it might be too dangerous for me attend such a function, given my total lack of self control! :eek:

DKOSANKE
04-05-2001, 07:57 PM
Well I've been to a few conventions and have managed to find some nice Hammer stuff. However the selection you find also depends on the convention you attend. As far as Hammer related merchandise is concerned, Chiller Theatre in New Jersey and Monster Rally in Virginia are the two you need to attend. Of course it helps when they have a bunch of Hammer celebs on hand to sign autographs, that means dealers will stock up on Hammer merchandise so fans can purchase things to get signed. I've met numerous Hammer stars, and the two cons I mentioned above always showcase the best stuff not to mention have the most Hammer celebs in person. Hope this helps.

DKOSANKE
04-05-2001, 07:58 PM
Well I've been to a few conventions and have managed to find some nice Hammer stuff. However the selection you find also depends on the convention you attend. As far as Hammer related merchandise is concerned, Chiller Theatre in New Jersey and Monster Rally in Virginia are the two you need to attend. Of course it helps when they have a bunch of Hammer celebs on hand to sign autographs, that means dealers will stock up on Hammer merchandise so fans can purchase things to get signed. I've met numerous Hammer stars, and the two cons I mentioned above always showcase the best stuff not to mention have the most Hammer celebs in person. Hope this helps.

HammerFANatic
04-06-2001, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info, DK!