PDA

View Full Version : Dracula with Christopher lee?

dwatts
04-15-2003, 08:15 AM
What’s up with hammer Dracula films with Christopher Lee? I know of:

Dracula (*)
Dracula Prince of Darkness (*)
Dracula has Risen from the Grave
Taste the Blood of Dracula
Dracula AD 1972
Scars of Dracula (*)
Satanic Rites of Dracula (*)

Of these, only four are out of DVD? I have marked them with an asterix….

Is this right? Can I get the others anywhere?

JW77
04-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, that's right. Those are the only three out on DVD as of now.

Warners hold the rights to the other three, and God knows when they'll bother to release them.

dwatts
04-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Damn - that sucks.

rhett
04-18-2003, 04:54 AM
Ahh, good ol' DRACULA A.D., when the vampire takes on the hippee. Those three DRACULA films not yet released are pretty weak though, IMO, I am glad all the good ones are actually out. I am still waiting for a good version of Franco's COUNT DRACULA with Lee and Klaus Kinski, it was really good!

mutleyhyde
04-18-2003, 06:05 AM
I seriously need Dracula Has Risen from the Grave. Great fucking opening sequence.

dwatts
04-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Dracula Has Risen from the Grave also has the best conclusion imho. Do you really think it is weak? It's one I want quite badly. Later Chris Lee Draculas just fizzled out as they milked the franchise. However, I can't stop loving them. Hammer does that to me.

mutleyhyde
04-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Weak ending? No way, I never said that. I love everything about Risen. BWAH! I want it now! :(

JW77
04-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Dracula AD 1972 and Satanic Rites of Dracula, I can really kind of live without. I'm more concerned with the Hammer period pieces, so I really want "Risen" and "Taste" released.

Fart Lighter
04-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by rhett
I am still waiting for a good version of Franco's COUNT DRACULA with Lee and Klaus Kinski, it was really good!

You're the fiorst person who I've ever heard say they liked this film. I put my VHS through the other day, and was reminded how min-numbingly boring it was! Even Chris Lee hates it.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Dracula A.D. 1972 is something that I want really badly.

Not a great movie, but the incredibly beautiful Caroline Munro does have a small part, and that alone makes it a must have for my collection! :D

mutleyhyde
04-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Zodiac-Mindwarp
Not a great movie, but the incredibly beautiful Caroline Munro does have a small part, and that alone makes it a must have for my collection! :D
I agree. I like Caroline Munro's small parts, and her large parts, if you know what I'm sayin'. :banana:

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-20-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde
I agree. I like Caroline Munro's small parts, and her large parts, if you know what I'm sayin'. :banana:

Believe me when I say that I agree more than you know!;)

What an uber babe! :banana: