PDA

View Full Version : Audition R1

blairmonster
04-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Just got this in at my work...I want to buy it, but it looks like it's not anamorphic. Is there another release scheduled soon, or should I just pick it up anyway? And please, no spoilers! I don't wanna know anything about this movie before I watch it!

aoiookami
04-19-2003, 08:05 PM
if its the Chimera r1, with the yellow slip cover I'd pick it up right away. Its probably without a doubt the best version availible.

MaxRenn
04-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Yes, you must see this movie, one of the best horror movies of the last 10 years. Do not read anything about the movie ahead of time as it will lessen its impact. Make sure you get the uncut version.

poorlogic
04-20-2003, 02:12 AM
I agree with MaxRenn, it's one of the better movies I've seen over the last few years. Let me warn you, stick with it - the movie has a slow pace, but there is a purpose behind this.

ekent
04-20-2003, 03:05 AM
Yes, the first 45 minutes are a little slow and non-horror, but man oh man, this movie does not play. When you are done you will see why the first 45 minutes were so vital.

Rainbowthief
04-20-2003, 09:03 AM
I absolutely love Audition. It's one of the DVDs that I watch the most and I still enjoy it as much as I did on the first viewing, so it definitely has more going for it than just the shocking ending.

mcchrist
04-20-2003, 09:53 AM
I wish I never read a damn thing about this movie before I saw it. Pe4rhaps I would love it as much as anyone, but if you'd read alot about it before hand you may not care for it. It didn't hold any impact for me.

marioscido
05-30-2003, 08:34 AM
I stayed away from reading anything about this film, including the threads on this site, and bought it the other night... Wow! I haven't experienced a film like this since "TCM." No joke.

I saw "Visitor Q" at the local rep house a few months ago and was not too impressed - I'm always bored by films that try too hard to be transgressive - but "Audition" is an absolute gem. It's the quintessential "MacGuffin" film Hitchcock never made. I gave the disc to a friend, without the cover, and told him to watch it - all the way through. Nothing more. I can't wait for his response. I can also see the influence of Imamura (Sr.) on this guy. Loved it!

DVD Connoisseur
05-31-2003, 09:07 PM
2 years ago, I posted this thread regarding Audition:

http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445&highlight=Audition

Hardly anybody had heard of it and some were dismissing it as boring.

Good to see that since my original post, more and more people are seeing this excellent film and enjoying its descent into darkness....:)

Zodiac-Mindwarp
05-31-2003, 10:48 PM
I also loved Audition. Truly a fantastic movie.

I have not yet picked up the Region 1 disc on this, but it is on my Wish List. :D

Disco Stu
06-01-2003, 01:16 AM
I haven't changed my mind since I saw it two years ago also. I disliked it then and now.

http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7900&highlight=audition
http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14768&highlight=audition

Granted the verison I saw was poorly subtitled, but the movie was not well paced and the ending was silly and phony looking and more random than shocking.

ScarredGod
06-06-2003, 06:11 PM
i hear good things (but havent seen it yet) about the german R0 version by Rapid Eye and it is anamorphic unlike the R1 DVD.

Nasty Nate
06-07-2003, 03:02 AM
This movie absolutely rules. Very creepy.

dwatts
06-08-2003, 02:07 AM
DON'T EVEN WATCH THE TRAILER!!! Even that ruins the impact of this - SUPERB - film.