PDA

View Full Version : Is "Manhattan Baby" really that bad?

Surge92
02-01-2001, 11:34 PM
I know that AB will be releasing this on DVD in April and I'm curious to know more about this film. I read the plotline for it and although it's not very original, it sounds cool. However, just about every review I've read for the film has panned it ( only one guy gave it a good review). Is it really that bad? There must be some cool things about it that would make it a good purchase. It seems that there are several Fulci films like "Demonia", "Aenigma", and "Murderock" whose plots sound cool but few people seem to like. Are these that bad also? I've only seen the better known classics from Fulci, but I'm curious to know more about, and see his other films. What are your opinions on these lesser known films?

------------------
"I could easily kill you now, but I'm determined to have your brain!"

--- Dr. Abrero in "Dr. Butcher M.D."

jak
02-02-2001, 03:17 AM
I'm a Huge Fulci fan but I have to say Manhatten Baby sucked. Fulci himself didn't like this one. The movie is way to slow and theres maybe one or two good scenes in the movie and they don't save it, one involving a guy getting pecked to death by a stuffed bird. I Really liked demonia, and can't wait to get that Aenigma dvd. jak

------------------

Demon
02-02-2001, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm still ordering the dvd, infact all of the new Fulci collections that come out in April are gonna be mine. The Fulci dvds I own now are the favorites of my collection (City of the Dead, New York Ripper, The Beyond & Don't Torture A Duckling)

I'm also looking forward to "Cat In The Brain" dvd, although I think another company is releasing it.

Jason25
02-02-2001, 05:59 AM
Cat in the Brain is coming from Image.

ArrowBeach
02-02-2001, 07:54 AM
I wounldnt buy MANHATTAN BABY! It is so SLOOOOWW even though it was made in the 80's it is so similar to many of Fulci's last work, deadly dull (like HOUSE OF CLOCKS). It is similar to THE AWAKENING and thats a better movie! As for BLADE IN THE DARK I hope theyare releaseing the shorter theatre cut and not the longer TV cut as it was oriignally intended for TV so it is QUITE padded!

The Chaostar
02-02-2001, 10:16 AM
It's a baaaaad movie!