PDA

View Full Version : Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS

Hellbilly
04-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Finally gave one of Quentin Tarantino's favorite movies a spin last night and uh, I felt the need to take a shower afterwards. The sleaze ... the sleaze! :D

I'm a fan of Camp flicks. Pam Grier's classics come to mind: The Big Doll House, The Big Bird Cage, White Mama - Black Mama - they are fun to watch and easy on the eyes. A little lesbian action, endless shower scenes, cat fights, the obligatory action-filled ending ... good stuff.
Combine all those elements (minus cat fights) and add much more perversity/sadism, over-the-top gory/bloody torture scenes and a little more pseudo hardcore sex then you got Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS.

"Nazi" exploitation is what it's called actually, a rather tasteless subgenre that's kinda new territory for me.
I probably would have never bothered watching this film if it wasn't for the highly entertaining (and recommended) Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks, another "campy" fave of mine so I just had to watch She Wolf ... and it wasn't bad.

Thorne plays Ilsa, a "Kommandant" of a German prison camp near the end of World War II. An insatiable sexy sadistic shebitch wearing skin tight uniforms performing bizarre medical experiments on young (and always naked) women.
"Fräulein Doctor" also enjoys picking male prisoners from the camp and castrating them if they can't satisfy her sexual needs.

And boy is she hard to please! :nervous:

So one day Ilsa finally meets her match with the arrival of two new prisoners, Anna and Wolfe: Anna refuses to snap no matter what torture Ilsa gives her, and Wolfe, an American, is able to please Ilsa non-stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dyanne Thorne runs the show here no doubt. She plays "Ilsa" with perfection sporting a fake German accent and all. It's really fun watching her doing her thang plus she's damn sexy.
Great opening shower scene :)

She Wolf is a solid low budget production and still manages to kinda shock after 29 years. It's sleazy beyond belief and some scenes actually made me cringe.
It's no Salo but definitely not for the squeamish.
You've been warned ...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305808120.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Anchor Bay's DVD features audio commentary by Dyanne Thorne, director Don Edmonds and producer David F. Friedman which I will check out asap. There's also one Theatrical Trailer and bio's.

She Wolf is presented in widescreen (1.66:1) enhanced for 16:9. The transfer shows it's age at times but the image is mostly sharp and clean with nice colors.
The 2.0 mono soundtrack is rather weak but still ok.

hell ya!
04-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Nice review! I was thinking about getting one of the Ilsa flicks but the price is just a little too high for Nazi exploitation. ;)

DefJeff
04-27-2003, 04:44 PM
hmm i wasnt too impressed with this movie to be honest with you.

i find Dyanne Thorne to be pretty unattractive boardering on ugly.. but i do agree, some scenes were pretty cringe inducing. i didnt really find this as shocking as some people say it is though.

awesome review dude ;)

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Great review Hellbilly!

I recently picked up Ilsa, The Tigress Of Siberia on VHS (it is the only one that did not get picked up for distribution on DVD). Only had a chance to watch the first half but it was really fun.

A review like this reminds me that I need to order the others on DVD while I still can.

dwatts
04-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Hm, this review just doesn't have many details. What is so shocking in this film - and films of this ilk? Why are they distrubing?

Hellbilly
04-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the comments! and Jeff, you have the nerve to call Dyanne Thorne ... ugly? :D Don't make me pull out a Dyanne Thorne vs. Franca Stoppi poll on you! ;)
Originally posted by dwatts
Hm, this review just doesn't have many details. What is so shocking in this film - and films of this ilk? Why are they distrubing?
I could deal with the humiliation and torture in this film but when they shout out "Heil Hitler!" several times - that's something I don't hear very often and certainly something I would never say - ... but then again what else is there to expect from a nazi-exploitation film?
So yeah, I'd say that's what made this film shocking and disturbing.

DefJeff
04-27-2003, 09:22 PM
hahaha, we all know Franca would win :)

rhett
04-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Great review Helly, I've really been meaning to check this film out. BTW, isn't Ilsa your mom? :D

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by rhett
Great review Helly, I've really been meaning to check this film out. BTW, isn't Ilsa your mom? :D

Hey Hellbilly, wanna introduce me to your Mom? ;)

Hellbilly
04-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Hahaha no prob Zodi :D
rhett's just jealous because his mom, Richard Simmons, doesn't have any boobies like Ilsa :eek2: ;)

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Hellbilly
Hahaha no prob Zodi :D
rhett's just jealous because his mom, Richard Simmons, doesn't have any boobies like Ilsa :eek2: ;)

Thanks HB, I look forward to meeting her. ;)

By the way Rhett, sorry to hear about your mom. :lol:

rhett
04-27-2003, 11:17 PM
:lol: Well I bet Richard could beat Ilsa at a nice sweaty round of disco aerobics any day of the week. :D

betterdan
04-28-2003, 01:32 AM
:eek2:

Zodiac-Mindwarp
04-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by rhett
:lol: Well I bet Richard could beat Ilsa at a nice sweaty round of disco aerobics any day of the week. :D

Well I am sure that Ilsa could beat Richard at another kind of "aerobics" any day of the week! :lol:

bigdaddyhorse
04-28-2003, 10:54 PM
How fine would Ilsa be if her tits were say, only a C cup? Probably not nearly IMO, but those huge fucking things are beautiful!

Great movie though, in all the wrong ways, but fucking great!

RyanPC
04-30-2003, 01:28 AM
LOL... Rhett, can you say hi to Richard for me? :lol: Just kidding! :D

Helly, can you do the same for your mom? :D:D:D:D

RyanPC
04-30-2003, 01:29 AM
:banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: