PDA

View Full Version : G-M-MG: Tokyo S.O.S.

rxfiend
04-27-2003, 09:10 PM
from Monsterzero:

GMMG
Godzilla - Mothra - MechaGodzilla: Tokyo S.O.S
By: Aaron Smith
April 26, 2003
Toho's 27th Godzilla film to start production.

A trailer appeared last week in Japanese theaters for the next Godzilla film, tentatively titled: GODZILLA-MOTHRA-MECHAGODZILLA: TOKYO S.O.S. GMM will be a direct sequel to last year's Godzilla X MechaGodzilla (the first such sequel in the Millennium film series) but now with Mothra thrown into the mix. What the story is or if there will be a 4th monster is unknown at this point and it is assumed Masaaki Tezuka of GXM and GXMG will helm the film, which starts production in June. More info when available and sign up for the Monster Zero message boards, there's already a new GMM movie forum! Click on Discussion at the top of the site.

=========================

while i'm always up for a new G flick, seeing Mothra and Mechagodzilla in yet another film is very disappointing. If Toho is out of ideas, they should recruit fan scripts (I believe this is how Biollante was made). I would much rather see new than rehashed monsters (especially Mothra!). Hopefully another new monster will get thrown into the mix, sort of like how Baragon was in GMK.

mcchrist
04-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm seriously down with this shit! The past few Godzilla movies have been kickass, I'm excited to see where they go with the new mythology and everything...

Now let's hope things get squared away for Godzilla vs. Gamera!

Azathoth
04-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Yet another batch of rehashed crap. Bleh.

I remember before this movie was planned, people joked about how the next movie would star Mothra & King Ghidorah. Lo and behold....

Five bucks says Ghidorah is the special "unknown" monster that will show up.

For Christ's sake, Mothra? Mothra?!? I like Megalon, even fucking Gabera, better than Mothra.

Deaddevilman
04-29-2003, 02:03 AM
The Japanese love Mothra and these movies are obviously made for the Japanese public. So until Toho can get their brains thinking international ala more mola, expect the same monsters.

KR~!
04-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Who should they bring back that has never been brought back in the 90's or 2000's series?

rxfiend
04-29-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by KR~!
Who should they bring back that has never been brought back in the 90's or 2000's series?

Varan or Hedorah!

though personally, i think they should create new monsters.

KR~!
05-03-2003, 04:53 AM
More info :

More information says that film is indeed a direct sequel to last year's Godzilla X Mechagodzilla which used Mothra footage in a flashback--leads me to wonder, is Gaira down the road since it was flashbacked as well. The new film is said to pick up and explain more of the reasoning behind using Godzilla's DNA to design Mechagodzilla and there could be a clone connection after all. Its being bandied about that GXMG and GMM are part of a trilogy and that next year's 50th anniversary film will be the conclusion--Godzilla X Godzilla perhaps?. MZ will try and provide more accrurate information when available. The new film will open in Japan in December.

KR~!
05-03-2003, 05:00 AM
This is Gaira (he is the green one) btw :

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m4/war-of-the-gargantuas-cvr.jpg
http://www.rodansroost.com/rodansroost/posters/graphics/gargantuasjap1.jpg
http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m4/war-gargantuas-e.jpg

rxfiend
05-03-2003, 07:41 PM
i am glad they are going with this as a trilogy. though i still don't like that Mothra is included :mad:
but seeing a G vs G flick for the 50th anniversary does sound appealing. however, a godzilla vs gamera movie would be better IMO.