PDA

View Full Version : Lenzi's Eaten Alive

BigDeg187
01-08-2001, 12:49 AM
Whoever wrote the review for the Eaten Alive disc doesn't know.....poodoo. Lenzi's Eaten Alive kicked ass. I liked it better then Cannibal Ferox. I think it is even more violent then Cannibal Ferox. Its ironic because they steal footage from Mountain of the Cannibal god and put it on to Eaten Alive. The story line is decent. The acting is phenomenal. And the music is beautiful. What more can you ask for? An oscar winning movie! This movie is not just for the cannibal fan, it is for all horror fans. It is my favorite cannibal movie. Holocaust is tooo boring and depressing, Ferox(don't ask me about that, I'm sick of it, I had to watch over 100 times to capture scenes from the movie to put on the website). And Mountain of the Cannibal God is great, but is too slow passed. I often fall asleep while watching it.

------------------
Wanna see something really scary? Vistit http://www.SavageCinema.com

Dave
01-08-2001, 12:58 AM
http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

Well, the story section does represent our opinions, which you're welcome to disagree with. I for one hate these cannibal movies, which is why I rated Cannibal Ferox a D+, which was being nice.

The violence in them just doesn't do it for me. Seeing people eaten repulses me. Something like Texas Chainsaw Massacre is perfect because it only suggests it.

Argento Fan 2003
01-08-2001, 01:34 AM
That reminds me, does anyone know if there are any plans to release Lenzi's Ghost House?

Jeremy
01-08-2001, 02:03 AM
Well, I'm the one that wrote the review, and I appreciate your feedback. But I stand by my comments on Eaten Alive. It's not a very good horror movie, or a very good cannibal movie either. I enjoy cannibal movies to a point, and I used to enjoy this one more as well, but upon viewing it again for the review, I realized that it was actually pretty terrible.

Perhaps if I'd been writing the review from the perspective of a "bad" movie, say for a site like Badmovies.org, I would have been more generous, since it does contain camp value. But as a horror movie, I just can't recommend it, plain and simple.

[This message has been edited by Jeremy (edited 01-07-2001).]