PDA

View Full Version : Night, Dawn, & Day Elite LD's-display question

jscott
04-30-2003, 08:06 PM
I went to Pittsburgh last weekend to the Dawn of the Dead reunion, and got my Night, Dawn, & Day ELite LD covers signed by several of the stars. What I'm considering doing is having a frame custom made, that will hold all 3 covers side by side. Anyone else have any ideas as to how to display them?

BTW- the covers were signed by:
Night- Karl Hardman (Mr. Cooper)- Kyra Schoen (Mr. Cooper's daughter)
Dawn- David Emge (Flyboy)- Clayton Hill (white-sweatervest zombie)-Sharon Cecatti (nurse zombie)
Day- Greg Nicotero

Mortis
04-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Were the Night people there all of the days? I didn't see them.

jscott
04-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Nope. Karl Hardman & Kyra Schoen were only there on Saturday & Sunday. I was told that Marilyn Eastman (Helen Cooper) was there Saturday afternoon for a brief moment, because she was feeling ill, but wanted to visit the others in attendance. Wish I woulda stuck around to meet her, but wound up finding the Night 90 cemetery instead.

Mortis
04-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Ah, that's the reason. We didn't plan on going there Saturday. The main reason being that I didn't have any money to get in. Hopefully they bring everyone back. I want as much horror as possible, especially the local stuff.

Paff
05-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Hmm...well, the obvious suggestion is a framing shop.

Only thing is, you want access to the covers, since there are a lot more autographs you can get on there, right?

Just as an aside, here is just part of my list of autographed LDs:

The Howling, Matinee - Joe Dante
The Stendhal Syndrome - Asia Argento
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Gunnar Hansen
Nightmare on Elm Street - Heather Langenkamp
Dawn of the Dead - Tom Savini, Ken Foree
Day of the Dead, Creepshow, Scream Greats - Tom Savini
Clerks, Chasing Amy - Kevin Smith
Animal House - John Landis, Stephen Furst
The Haunting - Robert Wise

Dave
05-01-2003, 09:57 AM
You guys suck. All I have is Bruce Campbell autographs on ED2 (blood red ed.) and AOD.

jscott
05-01-2003, 11:04 PM
I took my LD's to the custom framing shop. It's going to run me about $70 for the frame, which I think is worth it. Also, they're not installing the frame backing permenantly, so I can remove the covers for future sigs.

Mortis
05-01-2003, 11:21 PM
That's a pretty cheap price for a custom frame.

Mortis
05-01-2003, 11:23 PM
The only ones I have are Ken Foree and David Emge on my Dawn DVD and Bruce's book signed by Bruce. I'd like to have Bruce sign a movie, but I don't know if I'll ever get another chance.

Originally posted by Dave
You guys suck. All I have is Bruce Campbell autographs on ED2 (blood red ed.) and AOD.

jscott
05-01-2003, 11:53 PM
I have a copy of If Chins Could Kill signed by BC, and an Evil Dead II LD signed by BC, and a Dawn of the Dead posterbook signed by Tom Savini. That framing shop's gonna be getting quite a bit of my buisness in the future.

bigdaddyhorse
05-02-2003, 12:33 AM
All I have is "Chins' signed by Bruce, and an unfolded, unnumbered cover from the AOD LE 2disc signed by Bruce. That needs to get framed soon!