PDA

View Full Version : Freddy vs. Jason Trailer (MERGED)

WesReviews
01-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Here are reviews by two members of www.fridaythe13thfilms.com who were at the Fangoria convention this past weekend. I've added a couple of extra spoiler tags to their original reviews, for people who want to go into this completely spoiler-free. Over at the Friday board, we've known about these spoilers for some time, but I wasn't sure if you guys knew about them and I didn't want to be a movie-spoiling prick. :) (I urge the rest of you to use spoiler tags when you discuss this as well.)

Trailer review by exnoctem:

"jason and freddy both look BAD ASS!!!!!! it showed some of the rave sequence. there was this awesome part were jason is slicing up dancers while he is on FIRE!!!! . all in all, the trailer had a very creepy feel. it started showng the elm street jump rope girl and went of on some rap about "evil not having any enemies" or somehting while showing clips of freddy stalking various kids(AMAZINGLY creepy the whole sequence was.....). it then says" untill now............" with a superimposed hockey mask in the back ground. the only complaint i had is there was NO footage of freddy and jason actually fighting each other. but it DID show what was probably a dream sequence. jason was drowning in the lake right in front of one of the heriones, when freddy himself jumps out and pulls him under!!!"

Review #2 by me (DedKid):

"I have to second exnoctem's sentiments (we were wondering what happened to you dude!), and judging by the crowd's thunderous applause, I wouldn't be the only one (they cheered 3 times during this minute & a half piece of celluloid nirvana).

The lighting & cinematography have that staple Elm St. surreal quality, lots of fog & blues, very atmospheric stuff. Freddy's looking his best since Elm St. 4 and Jason? Fucking MONSTER. He looks awesome & Kirzinger's take reminded me a lot of Tom Morga from Tommy's delusions in ANB crossed with a dash of CJ Graham. The crowd actually cheered louder for Jason than they did for Freddy. It's looking like the movie's gonna rawk some serious arse & then some

It kicks off with an Elm St. girl singing the Freddy rhyme, then shows clips of Freddy with the narrator saying stuff about how "none can surpass his evil, except one." Cue Mr. Voorhees and the crowd went really insane. The rave in the cornfield is gonna be a highlight - Jason, standing almost as tall as the corn stalks, appears behind a group of revelers & hell breaks loose. They showed Freddy chasing someone through the woods, the scene exnoctem mentioned with the girl on the dock trying to pull young Jason out of the lake as Freddy was trying to drown him, Monica Keena laying awake in bed & it closed with a beautiful high shot of Jason walking down Elm St, machete in hand, with the street sign in the foreground & "Summer 2003"." :)

Clarifying questions some board members had, DedKid went on to say...

"The shot of young Jason was from behind, but his head looked pretty damn swollen to me. ;)

Again agreeing with ex, the music was very Elm St. I don't recall hearing the ki ki ki, but the crowd was pretty damn lively for it, & I even had trouble catching the whole narrative in the opening.

Brother Wolf, the logo was Freddy vs Jason, but I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it because the asshole in front of me stood up, but it might've been similar to the Freddy's Dead font. They also had www.freddyvsjason.com under the credits. ;)"

I'll keep you guys posted on any further trailer news/reviews. I'm hoping it debuts theatrically with either Darkness Falls or Final Destination 2. Or hell, both of them.

zombi3
01-13-2003, 01:19 AM
I was there. The trailer looks pretty cool. Everyone shouted and applauded when the jump rope girls appeared on the screen. The movie looks like it has potential, so we'll see...

Caroline Munroe was there too - very nice woman.:)

KillerCannabis
01-13-2003, 02:17 AM
Hmmmm...... as a lifelong fan of both series, I'm still pretty iffy on this flick. Mainly whats doing that for me is the casting though. I suppose I could get past the fact that Hodder isnt donning the mask, but it still feels cheap he isnt there. I cant really say much until I've seen the trailer, but from what I just read, maybe I could be pleasantly surprised after all.

Paul0889
01-13-2003, 02:23 AM
I not only want to see this movie because of how Freddy and Jason rock but also because Katherine Isabelle(Ginger Snaps) is in it. I've seen pics of her from the movie where it looks like she is in some type of red room or something and she has a hat on. Did it show her in the trailer?

Dunwich
01-13-2003, 02:50 AM
mmm didn't know Katherine Isabelle is in it :) great news :)

ekent
01-13-2003, 04:02 AM
I could care less that Hodder isn't Jason. It really doesn't matter that much. The best Fridays didn't even include him. Maybe this will give it a freshness that it needs (even tho I did like Jason X).

mcchrist
01-13-2003, 04:06 AM
I could care less that Hodder isn't Jason. It really doesn't matter that much. The best Fridays didn't even include him. Maybe this will give it a freshness that it needs (even tho I did like Jason X).

You know, I've never understood why people care about who plays a character that says nothing and wears a mask. It just doesn't seem like a valid argument to me one way or another whether a film will be good or not. As far as FvJ goes, I'm not holding my breath. Sounds like a turd, anyway you smear it.

the.wicked.one
01-13-2003, 04:14 AM
Those quick reviews, I must say, got me interested in the movie again. It just sounds pretty damn sweet. I know it's a very easy movie to screw-up but now I'm starting to think there's a slight possibility that it may be good. I can't wait to see the trailer on the net. Thanks for posting!

SEANVALEN
01-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Freddy VS Jason, will bring back alot of people who knows these characters, I told my friends like 2 years ago, Freddy vs Jason, didn't believe me, but having them in one film, is just so cool, its hard to avoid, and if the film is decent, then it would be a great joy for fans of both series and horror fans, let Freddy vs Jason be in a quality movie one more time.:D

Cujo108
01-13-2003, 05:03 AM
I'm dying to see this film, and have been forever now, and the fact that the gorgeous Katherine Isabelle is in it makes me want to see it even more! Can't wait to see this trailer!

rhett
01-13-2003, 06:06 AM
Wow, this makes the film sound even more promising. I was kind of let down that "Let the bodies hit the floor" was not included on the trailer though. :p

Fart Lighter
01-13-2003, 09:34 PM
wheras I'm lookig forward to this, I can't help but feel this is horror-hardcore-fans movie, and the inclusion of Kelly Rowland and rapping is just an attempt to get some degree of mainstream interest (by pondering to modern stereotypes and fashion trends). As such, I can't help but feel it's doomed to flop miserably. I hope I'm wrong, it would be a shame.

Something else thats bugging me is potential damage by preview audiences. Studios always seem to tinker with films for the worst after preview audience comments, and I'm worried the bunch New LIne end up with will insist on Freddy having the stupid one-liners added in...:(

moogong
01-13-2003, 09:46 PM
I didnt need the trailer review to get me hyped up about this flick...although it was nice of WesReviews to provide it. I can't wait to see it..Kane Hodder or no. As far as it flopping, I doubt it. The only way I can see this movie failing is if they put it up against or near a widely anticipated release like one of the Matrix Sequels or The Hulk..something like this. If it doesnt have lots of big movies to compete against...it will rock. Also, by the cool DVD release Jason X....you know FVJ is gonna get sweet disc treatment. I can't wait!

zombi3
01-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Who knows? FvJ may turn out to be decent. I liked Bride of Chucky, so I think Ronny Yu could do a nice job with this. The main thing that puts me off is the decision to follow the trend of including pop singers in the cast. I don't see how horror films benefit from this, as most horror fans can't stand the likes of Destiny's Child or Brandy. But I'll give it a shot.:)

S-10
01-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Fart Lighter
Something else thats bugging me is potential damage by preview audiences. Studios always seem to tinker with films for the worst after preview audience comments, and I'm worried the bunch New LIne end up with will insist on Freddy having the stupid one-liners added in...:(

The "stupid one-liners" have always been there.They can't be taken away,because they are TOO much a part of the character.

the.wicked.one
01-14-2003, 07:16 PM
New pics if you're interested:

http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/newline2003/freddyvsjason_02_lg.jpg

http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/newline2003/freddyvsjason_01_lg.jpg

the.wicked.one
01-14-2003, 07:24 PM
According to Fangoria:

After debuting at Fango Con this past weekend, New Line is putting the trailer for FREDDY VS. JASON in front of FINAL DESTINATION 2, which opens nationwide on January 31st. The well-received trailer, full of fire, mayhem, Freddy, and Jason, will likely be online soon after, though the film still has a few months to go, now set to open on June 13th.

WesReviews
01-14-2003, 09:08 PM
I'd say the Fango report is a little off, sadly.

Last week, New Line moved Dumb and Dumberer up into the June 13th slot. Most likely, Freddy vs Jason will be released in August.

zombi3
01-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the cool pics, Wicked. :glasses: Anyone else think Jason sorta has that "Part 3" look?

Fart Lighter
01-15-2003, 12:07 AM
S-10, the stupid one liners have not always been there, and New Line have already stated that they're not going to be in FvJ.

By stupid one liners I refer to parts 4-6, when the occassional sick jokes Freddy cracked in previous films were replaced with endless bad stand-up comic lines instead. Englund also seemed to overact terribly in 4-6 to me, and the gags woulnd't have been as annoying if he'd have reignied it in a bit.

is there any info on where this film is going to fit in Elm Street continuity? Between 5 and 6 I guess.

S-10
01-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Fart Lighter
is there any info on where this film is going to fit in Elm Street continuity? Between 5 and 6 I guess.

Bob Shaye has stated a few times that they don't care about continuity,so i'd be shocked if it'd fit in anywhere in the timeline.

And the "stupid one-liners" are a part of Freddy.To me they make him interesting.

Fred won't make any money...... FredDY is the moneymaker.

Um... whatever point I was trying to make.

rxfiend
01-15-2003, 01:59 AM
i'm thinking FvJ will take place after JGTH but before JX; and after FD.

i could be wrong though.... :D

onebyone
01-15-2003, 03:46 AM
It is about time we here something about this movie that doesn't suck. I hope it is good, but I am still pretty iffy.

WesReviews
02-03-2003, 10:05 PM
3 interviews from the set a while back have appeared online...Including one with Ken Kirzinger in full Jason costume. (Beware though, some spoilers are seen/heard in some of the interviews.)

http://nardwuar.com/vs/freddy_vs_jason/

A welcome spoiler for fans of Giner Snaps...Kirzinger reveals in his interview that Katherine Isabelle appears nude in Freddy vs Jason. :D

Nyghtfall
02-03-2003, 11:25 PM
You know what I think would be a wonderful, darkly comedic moment in FvJ?

Create a set of circumstances that leave the two of them in a dance hall full of partying kids. Freddy looks around, sees an opportunity for some fun, and then challenges Jason to a "duel" by dispatching one of the guests. Jason takes the hint, kills one himself, and the two begin a contest to see who can kill the most creatively and the most violently.

This whole scene is complimented by a speed metal cover to the classical piece, Flight of the Bumble Bee.

the.wicked.one
02-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by WesReviews
A welcome spoiler for fans of Giner Snaps...Kirzinger reveals in his interview that Katherine Isabelle appears nude in Freddy vs Jason. :D

I'm there! :sperm:

Cujo108
02-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Isabelle naked?! She is fucking gorgeous, and I love her in GINGER SNAPS, so now I'm so much more pumped for this film! :banana: :sperm:

thrashard76
02-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Nyghtfall
This whole scene is complimented by a speed metal cover to the classical piece, Flight of the Bumble Bee.
Like this?! (http://mfile.akamai.com/6530/rm/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/usrm/778/122778_1_04.ram?obj=v10212) :evil:

mcchrist
02-04-2003, 09:36 AM
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I have an idea what you're talking about thrash... Is this The Great Kat which you speak of?

:banana:

thrashard76
02-04-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mcchrist
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I have an idea what you're talking about thrash... Is this The Great Kat which you speak of? :banana:
Not quite...

http://cover09.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/120/122778.jpg - Sting Of The Bumblebee :evil:

mcchrist
02-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Well... OK then!

*sings* "Brothers of metal..."

Manowar has always had at least two or three good anthems on each album, LOUDER THAN HELL though fucking blew me away, the entire album fucking ruled!

Broken
02-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Kane is just a bad ass as Jason. It makes a difference.

Suicide
02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Katherine Isabelle naked?!:eek1: That may just make up for the loud obnoxious comic relief black character in the movie.

By the way, man that Great Kat broad is freakin nuts. She frightens me.:nervous:

mcchrist
02-05-2003, 03:57 AM
By the way, man that Great Kat broad is freakin nuts. She frightens me.:nervous:

I wouldn't mind asking her if she would like to play donut sometime. I dig her, although musically she should really slow down just a tad. Maybe then her releases wouldn't only be like 4 or 5 minutes in length.

THE MOVIE KING
02-05-2003, 10:18 PM
I'll Have to check it out anyway! no matter what anybody say's
this is a must see movie for Horror fans.:rolleyes:

mcchrist
02-06-2003, 12:18 AM
this is a must see movie for Horror fans.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Whatever...

stone88
05-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Havn't seen anything posted about this, but the new trailer for Freddy VS. Jason is on Imdb.com. Enjoy!

http://us.imdb.com/Trailers?0329101

bigdaddyhorse
05-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Thanx Stone!
Kind of week, but worth checking out.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
05-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Damn!

I want to look at this by my connection at work is so slow I can barely look thru the forums here.

I will have to remember to check this out tomorrow morning before I have to come back to work.

Thanks for the info on this Stone88. :)

Deaddevilman
05-03-2003, 12:46 AM
What is that piece of crapini? A new add for Wrestlemania?

hell ya!
05-03-2003, 02:17 AM
That trailer is fake.

Dwhots
05-03-2003, 02:38 AM
I read that before Matrix 2 the trailer for Freddy vs Jason will be shown. Hopefuly it is not this one.

cheers

TheShape
05-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Probably fake. Made from bits from Jason Goes to Hell and Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Does not even work as a early teaser.

WesReviews
05-03-2003, 06:33 AM
The one at IMDB was already debunked as a fake by one of the screenwriters. However, I do have some pretty cool FvsJ news in the other thread...

Agent Z
05-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Yep...that's the fake teaser trailer that's been up for forever and a day. I don't understand why New Line hasn't put up an official site yet (with the actual trailers, natch).............

Agent Z
05-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Well, I'll be.....http://www.freddyvsjason.com/ (still missing the trailer though.....damnit!)

WesReviews
05-03-2003, 10:26 PM
For those of you who don't visit the Slashers forum (quite a few of you) here is the latest news...

http://www.freddyvsjason.com/flash/images/poster_poster.jpg

www.freddyvsjason.com went online last night with the above teaser poster, some brand new pics, a poll, and even desktop wallpaper. Check it out.

You'll even see pics like this...

http://www.freddyvsjason.com/flash/images/photo/photo7.jpg

http://www.freddyvsjason.com/flash/images/photo/photo14.jpg

http://www.freddyvsjason.com/flash/images/photo/photo15.jpg

And much more. :D However, for those wanting to stay spoiler-free...one of the pics includes a spoiler, so view with caution.

Deaddevilman
05-03-2003, 11:20 PM
I think I'll wait for the DVD and it better be cheap.

zombi3
05-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Some cool pics there!:glasses: This flick may turn out to be pretty decent. I just hope that Destiny's Child gets whacked fairly early in the film before she does the "Busta" and ruins the picture.

Grim
05-03-2003, 11:33 PM
The stupid trailer on IMDB is just a montage of scenes from Jason Goes To Hell and varioes Nightmare films.

WesReviews
05-03-2003, 11:58 PM
The stupid trailer on IMDB is just a montage of scenes from Jason Goes To Hell and varioes Nightmare films.
That trailer has been debunked as fan-made by one of the FvsJ screenwriters. The official trailer will be coming to the site pretty soon, I hear, and will also debut in theaters with The Matrix Reloaded.

zombi3
05-04-2003, 12:09 AM
The real trailer was much better. I saw it at the Fango Weekend of Horrors back in January. I wonder why it's still not on line.:confused:

John
05-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah you'd think at least a teaser would be out. There are some flicks that have trailers 6-12 months before a release. August isn't that far away.

puddytay
05-07-2003, 05:53 AM
if so where can I get it?

rxfiend
05-07-2003, 07:39 AM
no, it's not. but i hear it will be attached to Matrix Reloaded (next wed), so i imagine it'll be online at around that time as well.

DVD Connoisseur
05-08-2003, 11:56 PM
To keep you going, here's the official website:

http://www.freddyvsjason.com

:)

DVD Connoisseur
05-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Just realised that this is a duplicated thread...moving and merging...

Mortis
05-09-2003, 02:26 AM
I wish they would release the damn trailer already. I'm actually considering going to see this. I won't go the first day, though. I'll let it die down a bit first. I hate going to packed theaters.

WesReviews
05-09-2003, 12:55 PM
I won't go the first day, though. I'll let it die down a bit first. I hate going to packed theaters.
Why? Seeing movies with a packed crowd is half the fun. Despite its shortcomings, seeing Jason X on opening night with a sold-out theater was an absolute blast. Some movies, I can understand wanting to see by one's self. But seeing movies like Freddy vs. Jason, that can get an audience to applaud, cheer, and react at the appropriate times is half the fun of the moviegoing experience. I'll be there opening night, as I will with Matrix 2, Hulk, etc.

Opening night rocks. :)

Mortis
05-10-2003, 03:00 AM
There are too many annoying people. There's a huge thread about this in the general forum, so I won't get into it here.

WesReviews
05-13-2003, 01:47 AM
The Official Trailer is finally online. Just go to...

www.freddyvsjason.com

:D :D :D

aoiookami
05-13-2003, 02:05 AM
not sure what to think about this one. the trailer looks kinda kewl. Although I'll most likely wait for DVD

Mortis
05-13-2003, 02:28 AM
I just went and checked it out. I, too, haven't decided what to think about this movie.

rhett
05-13-2003, 03:56 AM
Trailer is out!!!!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/freddy_vs_jason/fvj_large.html

:banana::banana::banana:

rhett
05-13-2003, 03:58 AM
"Let the bodies hit the floor!"

Oops, wrong film.

The trailer looks pretty cool, although it hardly shows anything, and it is edited so fast you can barely make out what it does show. Still though, I'm psyched.

rxfiend
05-13-2003, 06:02 PM
i'm glad it's short. long trailers tend to have spoilers.

I can't wait until August! this movie is gonna be awesome.

Hellbilly
05-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Looks cool actually. I really wanna see the movie now!

bigdaddyhorse
05-14-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Hellbilly
Looks cool actually. I really wanna see the movie now!

Exactly how I feel, and i really didn't want to see it before!
Looks like it has a shot at being worthwhile, but you know they never put the really dumb shit in the trailers (that would make picking movies so much easier, someone should start a website that does it!).

onebyone
05-14-2003, 02:28 AM
Now that just made me giddy. I can't wait for this, as I strong suspect it is going to kick ass. I was worried, but I seem to be less so with each new thing I see about it.

Erg0n
05-14-2003, 06:02 AM
It looks better than I expected. But after Jason X I really don't know how this is going to turn up.

I really like the site design though.

Ichi
05-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Well, to be completly honest... I think Ronny Yu sucks ass. Bride of Chucky, 51st State, bride with white hair. Seen em all, and they ALL suck. But I'm getting a preety good feeling on FvJ. The trailer was preety good, and who (seriously) would like to see the two greatest horror-killers battle each other. I cant wait to see it on the big screen!