PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royal Part II ?? maybe????

Deaddevilman
04-02-2003, 02:10 AM
At a press conference at the end of 2002, Kinji Fukasaku announced that he would start production on Battle Royale 2, his 61st film. He also announced that he was suffering from cancer in an advanced stage, but that he would forego medical treatment in order to step behind the megaphone one more time. It was an awe-inspiring decision. But just like his characters, death did finally and inevitably catch up with Kinji Fukasaku.

Rumor has it that Beat Takeshi will be directing BR2. He certainly has directed a great number of films and I am certain he do Fukasaku-san justice.

ekent
04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
I heard it was Fukasaku's son that was going to continue directing the film

moogong
04-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Battle Royale was so freakin awesome, I hope part 2 isnt a let down. Sunny Chiba is in it so already its off in the right direction.

ekent
04-02-2003, 05:48 PM
yeah Chiba should make for an evil warden

Black_Mandarin
04-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Actually, Fukasaku began making the film with his son- his son was always involved, not only because he wrote the screenplay for the first film, but because Fukasaku knew he wouldnt be physically able to do all of the directing work. From what I heard, after a breif break when Fukasaku died, his son pretty much, as always intended, took over the reigns of the production.

Apparently- and this is only a rough summation- the story concerns the survivors of the first film becoming terrorists, and then the goverment captures them and puts them on another island and instructs the next class of kids to hunt the group down. Something like that.

DVD Connoisseur
04-02-2003, 07:53 PM
This is one highly anticipated sequel.
My prediction - it's going to be a good 'un!

Grim
04-02-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm still waiting for an R1 release of the first one.

ekent
04-02-2003, 10:14 PM
I'll bet a nickel that if there ever is a R1 release, it will be cut to shit.

Deaddevilman
04-02-2003, 10:54 PM
I stand corrected and should have confirmed the source before posting.

Enjoy the teaser at the official home page. It starts with some behind the scences footage, then goes into two teasers. It will be released sometime this summer in Japan and I will let everyone no if it's any good.

http://br-new.jp/

KillerCannabis
04-03-2003, 01:03 AM
If anyone wants the REAL shit on BR2, go to http://br2.battleroyalefilm.com/ for all the news you'll ever need.

newyorkripper
04-03-2003, 04:25 AM
From the sounds of it, this is going to be an awesome sequel! Too bad Takeshi Kitano won't be in it but Sonny Chiba would be wicked.:banana:

Deaddevilman
04-03-2003, 06:51 AM
According to the offical home page at http://br-new.jp/
Beat Takeshi will have a small camero role in a flashback. Only negative item is on the homepage the "Seven" who consist of previous survivors are dressed very funky, almost like they were in a Power Ranger show, especially the necklaces the women are wearing. Sonny Chiba's role is a flashback as well. His time has been spent working on the new Tarentino film Kill Bill.

shift
05-19-2003, 07:56 PM
I just got done seeing Battle Royal and I LOVED IT!!!

I hear that there is a part2 comeing out or is out?? Is it true?? If so how is it compared to Part2?

KillSwitch
05-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Its not out yet. Supposed to be something about the survivors of the first film are captured and put back into the Battle Royale game or something. :)

Nick

DVD Connoisseur
05-19-2003, 10:04 PM
This is covered in another thread.
Merging......

Lindane
05-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Looks fucking sweet. I can't believe no one mentioned the fact that Riki Takeuchi is the new headmaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so fucking awesome. I love him to death. He's such a hard motherfucker!!!