PDA

View Full Version : Must-have slashers on DVD?

y2doublet
10-18-2000, 11:38 PM
Just wondering which DVD-slashers is out there that are a must-have. I think I got a pretty good grip on which are availabe and arecoming up, just curious if Iīve missed any titles.

Vdlman
10-19-2000, 12:46 AM
Which ones do you have?

suttercane
10-19-2000, 05:04 AM
If you have these......
first 4 Fridays
Maniac
Halloween limited
Halloween 2
H20
Henry
Hell Night
Scream 1-3
Tenebre
Sleepaway Camp
Prom Night (iffy)
Urban Legend
Untold Story
Those are ones I consider must have.

creaturekid
10-19-2000, 07:06 AM
The Nightmare on Elm St. boxed set is a must. I guarantee I spent more than 10 hours just going through the supplemental stuff on the extra disc alone!
Also, I don't know if it could really be deemed a slasher movie, but the Phantasm special edition is awesome, along with the new Hellraiser/Hellraiser 2 Tin set.

y2doublet
10-19-2000, 12:41 PM
I got your basic starter-up set with NOES collection, the Friday the 13th's, some Halloween (though I severly missed the limited one and I canīt seem to find it other then on ebay), the Scream box, Hellraiser tin and so forth, Phantasm incoming. As you can see the most obvious is covered but just wanted to know if thereīs more obscure titles out there which Iīve totally missed. Should one wait for the Maniac Remastered from Anchor Bay our should I just buy Elite's release. Anyways thanks for the suggestions!

DopeChamberX
10-19-2000, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by y2doublet:
though I severly missed the limited one and I canīt seem to find it other then on ebay

Here in Arizona theres a store at the local mall that has about 4-5 copies of this left, that they, for some freak reason, haven't been able to sell. I'm guessing that popel aren't going to spend the $50+ for it at the mall when they couldve got it at best buy or online for much cheaper when it was first released. And not really a slasher film, they also have tons of the director's cut of army of darkness, that no one else, that i've seen has.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

Vdlman
10-19-2000, 10:46 PM
y2doublet,

I heard that the Anchor Bay version of Maniac would have the same extras from the Elite version and the only new thing it will have is an anamorphic transfer because the Elite version is non-anamorphic. But the one from Elite is still pretty good itself. I guess it depends on how long you want to wait.

Rock
10-20-2000, 07:03 AM
No slasher collection could be complete without Hitchcock's PSYCHO and THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE!

y2doublet
10-20-2000, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by DopeChamberX:
Here in Arizona theres a store at the local mall that has about 4-5 copies of this left, that they, for some freak reason, haven't been able to sell. I'm guessing that popel aren't going to spend the $50+ for it at the mall when they couldve got it at best buy or online for much cheaper when it was first released. And not really a slasher film, they also have tons of the director's cut of army of darkness, that no one else, that i've seen has.

too bad I live in Sweden then..

DopeChamberX
10-20-2000, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by y2doublet:
too bad I live in Sweden then..

I would offer to buy and send it, but its very very expensive at the mall and im going to guess shipping will be worse. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

rhett
12-22-2000, 06:48 AM
If I were you Dope, I'd pickup all those discs and auction 'em off on ebay afterwards. You could make at least 20 bucks off each disc. Hell I saw AOD:LE sell for 130 dollars on ebay just the other day. You could either do that, or just buy one copy of AOD:LE and send it my way :P

------------------
"i spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up for i realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." - Dr. Loomis, Halloween