PDA

View Full Version : What Slashers Are You Looking Forward To,Or Dreaming About ?

Mark Relford
12-18-2000, 09:01 PM
gunner, that's a kick ass dream list! I've never heard of Girls Nite Out. Is it worth checking out? Well, here's mine:

The Burning
The Stepfather
My Bloody Valentine
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Motel Hell http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif
American Gothic
Alone in the Dark
Blood Diner http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Better version)
Confessions of a Serial Killer
Terror Train

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 12-18-2000).]

AceRimRat
12-18-2000, 09:12 PM
All of these seem to be worthy choices (at least the ones I've heard of).

My personal leaders of the bunch would be The Prowler (my #1 wish for slashers), My Bloody Valentine (fun) and The Burning (great reputation). Plus I like April Fool's Day, but I don't know if I'd invest in it.

I'd add Night of the Demons and Night of the Creeps, but I don't think they're really slashers, even though both are plenty bloody.

I also can't wait for Franco's Jack the Ripper, scheduled by not one, but two companies, and delayed by both. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

Vdlman
12-18-2000, 10:34 PM
My wants are:

Happy Birthday to Me
My Bloody Valentine
The Burning
The Prowler
Silent Night, Deadly Night

MovieFan
12-19-2000, 03:21 AM
Cherry Falls (unrated just in case if the DVD has the R-Rated version)
Halloween 6 (Producer's Cut)
My Bloody Valentine
The Stepfather

gunner
12-19-2000, 05:03 AM
There must be some slasher/splatter films your just dying to see on dvd.Some of my list are already slated,others are just dreams but here they are in no particular order...
_The Toolbox Murders_Hills Have Eyes 1&2_Last House On The Left_Midnight(john russo)_MadMan_The Burning_Sleepaway Camp 2&3_My Bloody Valentine_Ruby_The Prowler_Just Before Dawn_Slumber Party Massacre(better version)_Girls Nite Out_Driller Killer(without red screen ending+remastered_April Fools Day_Deranged
Of course my list goes on further than this but it's a great start.

DVD Connoisseur
12-19-2000, 06:58 AM
I'm salivating looking at these lists - excellent films! My pick of the crop would be:

Halloween 6: Producer's Cut
Last House on the Left (US release)
The Burning (uncut)

I really, really want these movies. Out of pure curiosity, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sleepaway Camp sequels as well.

Jasondog
12-19-2000, 02:16 PM
Nail Gun Massacre...it is just sssssoooooooooo BAD!

gunner
12-19-2000, 02:35 PM
Great choices!!! I can't believe I forgot to add motel hell.Girls Nite Out is a typical slasher but the one thing that makes it a little different is that the killer is dressed up as a bear with knife claws protruding from the paws.I would also like to see a better version of Henry http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/tongue.gifortrait,The video quality sucks and the audio is out of sync.And to Mark Relford...I'm glad you mentioned confessions of a serial killer.That movie is way too under rated,In fact I feel it's superior to Henry http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/tongue.gifortrait.I am pround to own a copy of this on vhs,and a dvd re-release would be a dream come true.

DeepDownTraumaHound
12-19-2000, 06:48 PM
Definately Hills Have Eyes! That would be awesome! Whoever has that film needs to get on the ball! and Intruder wouldn't be a bad one either. Though silly, it has Bruce Cambell and Sam Raimi in it! c'mon!

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

morpho
12-19-2000, 07:48 PM
Definitly put The Prowler at the top of my list as well. A deluxe Silent Night Deadly Night would be cool as well.

Vdlman
12-19-2000, 08:26 PM
DeepDownTraumaHound, Wizard 2000 is going to be releasing an uncut special edition of Intruder I think sometime in 2001.

DeepDownTraumaHound
12-19-2000, 08:45 PM
thanks Vdlman. I have seen nothing but lousy copies of this ovie for a long time!

Mark Relford
12-20-2000, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by gunner:
Great choices!!! I can't believe I forgot to add motel hell.Girls Nite Out is a typical slasher but the one thing that makes it a little different is that the killer is dressed up as a bear with knife claws protruding from the paws.I would also like to see a better version of Henry http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/tongue.gifortrait,The video quality sucks and the audio is out of sync.And to Mark Relford...I'm glad you mentioned confessions of a serial killer.That movie is way too under rated,In fact I feel it's superior to Henry http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/tongue.gifortrait.I am pround to own a copy of this on vhs,and a dvd re-release would be a dream come true.

Yeah, Confessions of a Serial Killer blows away Henry! (gasp!) It boasts a terrific performance by Burns. It's a shame that Corman's company slapped a Hannibal clone on the cover! It definitely deserves a DVD release.
Gunner, thanks for the info on Girls Nite Out. Sounds interesting, might check it out sometime.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

gunner
12-20-2000, 02:41 PM
The corman video artwork does suck...big time.I almost never saw this movie.The box cover looked like a cheapo snooze fest,then one day I said what the hell,rented it and fell in love.This tape went for some unheard of price like $90.00 or something and finially found it used at a mom and pop video store.The film has such a realistic feel.It almost seems like whats happening is real.I also love the texas chainsaw homage used in thier rented loft.Robert Burns really knows how to dress a set.

gunner
12-20-2000, 04:35 PM
To Vdlman,You mention Wizard 2000.Is this the old vhs company Wizard Video reincarnated? They had the rights to ALOT of classics from joe d'amato,etc.I'd love to see this company re-surface.I own the Paramount ld of Intruder + a bootleg of the uncut version on vhs.The laserdisc looks really good but is obviously panned and scanned,I'll be looking forward to the re-release on dvd hopefully it will be letterboxed.

Vdlman
12-20-2000, 08:03 PM
Yes Gunner, I believe it is.

rhett
12-20-2000, 11:49 PM
Great picks guys, The Burning has been something I've wanted to see remastered for a long time. I totally agree with you on Terror Train Mark, the movie is awesome...but it seems unlikely that it will ever get released. Do you know who owns the rights to it? Another DVD I'd love to see redone is Anchor Bay's Prom Night. Call me a sucker for Jamie Lee Curtis slashers, but I really liked this. The Anchor Bay disc is horrible, and I am really hoping they will do a "Halloween" and rerelease it. It did spawn 3 sequels...I've been emailing AB asking for a restored version, you guys should too!

------------------
"i spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up for i realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." - Dr. Loomis, Halloween

[This message has been edited by rhett (edited 12-20-2000).]

Vdlman
12-21-2000, 12:16 AM
Rhett, Terror Train is owned by Fox.

rhett
12-29-2000, 01:31 AM
A year ago I would simply dismiss all hopes of seeing Terror Train released by the dreaded F-word, but now, with their upcoming restorations of several old films (Porky's from Black Christmas' director Bob Clark), there could be some hope for seeing Terror Train released. I'm all for a petition if anyone else wanted to support getting Terror Train released on DVD...

------------------
"i spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up for i realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." - Dr. Loomis, Halloween

DopeChamberX
12-29-2000, 05:10 AM
I'd sign that petition in a second! We should get petitions going for all of Jamie Lee's slasher flicks, to all the companies to give those films special edition treatments. I'm sure Anchor Bay would go for it for Prom Night, and I bet they could get their hands on Halloween 2, since I've heard that GoodTimes has discontinued it. All that's left is The Fog. Hmmmm, MGM will be the hardest to convince to give that movie the special edition treatment.

Plus anything to get the rest of the Prom Ngiht films on DVD will be just as awesome, IMO.

BRING ON THE PETITIONS! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

rhett
12-29-2000, 05:57 AM
Awesome! So how should we go about doing this? Make a seperate one for each film, or do it as a combination and send it to each company, or what??

------------------

DopeChamberX
12-30-2000, 03:38 AM
I think seperate for each film would work better, but it is more to keep track of. Sending each off to the right company, though the current owners of Halloween 2 and the rest of the prom night films are a mystery to me. Lets get this set up and done, plus some backing by Dave might not hurt http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/wink.gif.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore