PDA

View Full Version : Kiss of the Vampire

dwatts
05-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Rather than write a review for the "readers review" section, I thought I would just make a post in here (sometimes my taste in films is too outside the interests of the majority here). Not sure how many of you have this disc from Image, but I just got through watching it.

It is a fine addition to the Hammer Vampire film legacy. The ending in particular (while saddled with those dratted rubber bats) is just brilliant and quite unique.

I read on another site that this film is now out of print because Image and Universal (who own the rights to this film) fell out over a pricing issue (Image sold the discs cheaper). Bummer. We might have gotten more Hammer to watch.

Regardless, if you are into Hammer, try and seek this one out. I say it on amazon for $13 - not bad! I got it in a store, shoved right to the back of the rack and beaten up - for $6. One of those rare finds!

hell ya!
05-27-2003, 04:31 AM
I have had my copy on order form Amazon for awhile now. They keep delaying the shipping date and moving it back. I hope i can get a copy becuase the movie does sound interesting and sounds like something i would like to add to my collection.

dwatts
05-27-2003, 04:52 AM
Wow, I hope you do get it! I read that it is now OOP. How can they keep moving the date if it is OOP, do they have sources from elsewhere?

studio1
05-27-2003, 12:14 PM
They keep delaying the shipping date and moving it back

Amazon, did that with my order of the Lady in White, I gave up going to the site in the end, then noticed one day that the funds were taken from my credit card, a few days later the disc arrived with parcel force:D

S1

Paff
05-28-2003, 06:15 AM
For me it was an impulse buy about 4 years ago at one of those Pioneer warehouse sales. It's the Laserdisc version (which I'm guessing was directly ported over to the DVD), a double feature with Nightmare. Factory sealed (I WAS at the factory, after all...) for just $2.

Only watched in once in all the years I've had it, though I do remember it being pretty damn good. Love that opening scene with the funeral on the foggy moors...