PDA

View Full Version : The Gorgon - please

dwatts
05-27-2003, 05:21 AM
How much longer? Why was the great Hammer collection never truly completed? So many Dracula films sitting out there missing a DVD release, and I really want The Gorgon too.

If you think about this stuff too much, you can get depressed and forget all the great stuff you already own --LOL--

mcchrist
05-27-2003, 06:10 AM
The Gorgon was terrific! Man, I'd snag this in a second. Who owns the rights anyhoo?

dwatts
05-27-2003, 10:09 AM
UK
Theatrical Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Video Distributor: RCA Columbia

USA
Theatrical Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Video Distributor: Goodtimes Video; RCA / Columbia
Laserdisc Distributor: Image Engineering Inc

Any chance with these loons?

mcchrist
05-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Jesus tits! Fuck that!

dwatts
05-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Erm, do I take it that's bad? Does this explain why it's never come out on DVD?

mcchrist
05-27-2003, 11:31 AM
At least stateside. I don't recall many great classics from Columbia. Every now and then they throw us a bone, unless Goodtimes gives us a chance.... But if that's the case, the disc will be short-lived and not have jack and the print has a good chance of turning out sloppy... At least it would be cheap.

dwatts
05-27-2003, 11:45 AM
So, you're saying there's still a chance?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mcchrist
05-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Yes, dwatts, that's what I'm saying... :rolleyes: :lol:

hell ya!
05-28-2003, 06:22 AM
I remember always being somewhat scared of the cover to the movie when i used to go to the video store when i was younger. Hopefully it will be released someday. :confused:

Yowie
05-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Well, Columbia will be treating us all to "Die, Die My Darling" shortly, and I'm sure with this release they must be aware of there being millions of Hammer fans. I'm a little surprised they're releasing "Die...", and as welcome as it is I would've thought a Cushing/Lee title like "The Gorgon" would carry more value to them. Hopefully they've seen the light - they have afterall given us "Revenge Of Frankenstein" already.

Mllemorte
06-01-2003, 06:47 AM
I would absolutely love to have The Gorgon on dvd.. I have The Reptile on dvd.. and i really hate the cover.. they should have used the original poster or something.. There isnt any question to what the creature will look like... for those who have not seen it that is.

R. I. P.
06-01-2003, 07:29 AM
In terms of atmosphere, "The Gorgon" rocks!!! :nervous: I long for a DVD release of this gem as well, along with numerous other classic Hammer films such as the uncut print of "Taste The Blood Of Dracula". I remain positive that a "The Gorgon" DVD will see the light of day eventually. I just hope we don't have to wait until Christopher Lee dies or something to get it. I have a feeling Mr. Lee would love to see this classic film get the much deserved DVD treatment as well. Right, Chris? ;)

R. I. P. :glasses:

http://www.carfax-abbey.com/gallery/films/gorgon.jpg http://www.carfax-abbey.com/gallery/films/gorgon21.jpg

Luna
06-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by dwatts
How much longer? Why was the great Hammer collection never truly completed? So many Dracula films sitting out there missing a DVD release, and I really want The Gorgon too.Yeah, I'm always up for a good Hammer film, myself. I have "The Gorgon" on a crappy VHS tape I've had since maybe 1990, taped from cable. I'd love to replace my VHS with a nice DVD. ;)