PDA

View Full Version : Killer Santas

Mark Relford
10-20-2000, 07:03 AM
Any opinions on the Silent Night, Deadly Night series? The first one was good, but the sequels sucked major ass. (Especially, the rancid second and third one!!!)
I wish Anchor Bay would release the first one instead of the second one. Man, it just doesn't seem right...

Have you guys seen Christmas Evil or Don't Open Till Christmas? Personally, I liked Christmas Evil. (Troma has plans for an upcoming SE.) Haven't seen Don't Open Till Christmas. The saucy Caroline Munro's in it, but does that make it a good movie?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

Jasondog
10-20-2000, 08:30 AM
Yes, add Caroline Munroe to anything and it is 10 times better

Justin Kerswell
10-28-2000, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Jasondog:
Yes, add Caroline Munroe to anything and it is 10 times better

Ah, yes, but Ms Munro is only in the film for about ten minutes- and even then it's just her doing a song and dance number on stage!

I've only seen DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS on the very cut British video, but it's is still marvellously misanthropic. Santa's are castrated, killed in strip clubs- and one has his face burnt off on a chestnut stove! ... FROM those nice people who gave us PIECES, apparently.

Talking of killer Santa's, well, there's also the surreally bad CHRISTMAS EVIL- and that great section from (I think) TALES FROM THE CRYPT, where Joan Collins is menaced by an escapee from a mental asylum in a Santa's costume (which was remade with Larry Drake as the killer IIRC).

Django
10-30-2000, 06:27 AM
My vote goes for said remake with Larry Drake in that early episode of Tales from the Crypt...

mutleyhyde
11-01-2000, 08:22 PM
Tch tch... Mark, how can you of all people here ask such a question? You know me, I'd dig a movie if all it had was Ms Munro in it for five minutes and the rest was nothing but white noise! She's a babe, definitely makes any movie ten times better, and I can't wait to see her song and dance number now (I never knew of it or this movie). Sounds like a pretty intense movie otherwise as well - a real holliday heart warmer!

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

rhett
05-21-2002, 01:30 AM
I haven't seen any of the Silent Night, Deadly Night films other than the original. I quite liked the first one; it had some good gore, a decent plot and of course, lots of T&A. I am not really a big fan of Linnea Quigley, but I must admit she looks at her best in this movie. :) The movie moved at a pretty brisk pace too, I was surprised the 92 minutes went as fast as they did.

I haven't seen the others though, but are any of them worth watching? Any good cheese, gore, T&A, etc. worth mentioning in the sequels? How much of SN,DN is included in Part 2?

Oh, and Christmas Evil rocks!

TobalRox
05-21-2002, 01:55 AM
I have not seen any Silent Night movies because everywhere around me carries 2 and 3, but NO ONE has 1. I refused to start off with a sequel, especially when it comes to slashers. Oh well... maybe someday.

Mark Relford
05-21-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by rhett
I haven't seen the others though, but are any of them worth watching? Any good cheese, gore, T&A, etc. worth mentioning in the sequels? How much of SN,DN is included in Part 2?

Yea, Linnea was quite a looker in that one.:D
The first one's a classic in my book. I remember all the BS during it's very brief theatrical run. Hell, the videostore clerk gave my parents dirty looks for renting it.:rolleyes:

Part 2 was a poor sequel. The first 30-40 mins. was flashback central. There's some cheesy gore in the "new" scenes, but nothing remarkable.

Memory fails me on the third one. I do remember not liking it.:D

Yuzna was involved with part 4 & 5. They're unrelated to the others.

Hellbilly
05-21-2002, 08:23 PM
Part 3 was about that blind chick who had a psychic connection to that santa-maniac. It was even worse than part 2.

Billy's Silent Night rating:

1. Silent Night Deadly Night http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif
2. Silent Night 2 http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon13.gif
3. Silent Night 3 http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon13.gif
4. Silent Night 4 http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif
5. Silent Night 5 http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon13.gif

KillerCannabis
05-21-2002, 08:55 PM
I really liked to 1st SN, DN. Why the hell would AB release the 2nd one BEFORE the 1st? That makes no damn sense at all. It has been a while since I've seen the 1st, so even more of a reason for why I want it on disc.

Hellbilly
05-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Did Anchor Bay ever release part 2 on DVD?
This thread is 2 years old btw.

rhett
05-21-2002, 10:42 PM
I find the concept of psychic links SO dumb in horror movies. Halloween 5, despite all its other faults, was almost ruined by that dumb concept. It just makes things totally unbelievable and unrealistic.

Yeah, this is a damn old thread, thought I'd ressurect it though.

Mark Relford
05-22-2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
Did Anchor Bay ever release part 2 on DVD?

Not yet. According to the Chopping List, the release date for this lump of coal in every slasher fan's stocking is
7/22/03.