PDA

View Full Version : Soultaker & Trigun

thrashard76
06-01-2003, 08:25 AM
http://www.pioneeranimation.com/images/product_images/soultaker_monster.jpghttp://www.pioneeranimation.com/images/product_images/trigun_sixty.jpg

Can someone give me an idea on these 2 anime series? How are they and is it worth the cash to pick up? I checked out their sites and they look amazing. :cool:

mcchrist
06-01-2003, 12:24 PM
I've seen a few episodes of Trigun on Adult Swim, and from soneone who is NOT an anime fan, I enjoyed what I saw. Its certainly better than average.

aoiookami
06-01-2003, 09:46 PM
soultaker IMO is pretty amazing, but only if you know what youre getting into. its -VERY- tripped out, and confusing. 90% of the scenes are done with a limited pallete, and bizzare angles, or sometimes the background just has moving shapes and colors. its very surreal and bizzare looking, but if youre looking for something is mostly eyecandy (the plot is alright too, but not spectacular) then go for it. its mostly an action/hero anime. soultaker is also one of the few animes that is anamorphic widescreen, so it looks great.

trigun is a longer series (soultaker is 13 eps, while trigun is around 24 I think) so you would be investing in a longer series. but its pretty cool, western style/gun play adventure series, I havnt seen the whole thing.
check out www.animeondvd.com for extensive reviews of both.

jeffschmidt
06-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Yeah, you can check out Trigun for free if you get Cartoon Network; I think it's pretty cool, but the animation seems kinda cheap/choppy.

Soultaker is pretty rad, give it a rental (since most all anime is wildly over-priced to buy)

thrashard76
06-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Soultaker seems to be the next anime series that I will go after. I'm gonna try and catch a couple episodes of Trigun of Toonami too see whether I'll jump into that series or not. Are there any other awesome animes by Pioneer? ;)

Paff
06-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I think Trigun is on Adult Swim, not Toonami. It's running with Lupin III, Inu-Yasha, and Cowboy Bebop. Lupin is pretty cool too.

Other good Pioneer series? Well, I'll safely assume you know about Hellsing and Bastard. I've only seen one episode of Vandread, but I remember it being pretty cool. (Serial Experiments:) Lain is a MUST-have series. And I'll admit it, I like the "cuteness" of Hand Maid May and Ah! My Goddess...

Other good non-Pioneer stuff?
Well, BoogiePop Phantom is really bad-ass. So is Noir, about 2 female assassins.
Devil Hunter Yohko is fun, and if you like the Godzilla-style monster movies, give Blue Seed a look-see.
I've always liked the wacky space adventures like Martian Successor Nadesico and The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. And my favorite wacky magic girl is the infamous Lina Inverse of the Slayers series. And yet nothing can compete with the sheer craziness of Excel Saga. That one's a little better if you're familiar with many of the typical Anime cliches though.

Finally, even though it's a high school love story, I've been amazed by His and Her Circumstances. It literally takes 3-4 viewings per episode, they're throwing so much information at you.

By the way, I'm moving this to the Asian forum....