PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Screen Psychos

Mark Relford
10-16-2000, 10:49 AM
Here are some of my favorite psychos:

(1) Frank Zito (Maniac)- Joe Spinell gives an amazing performance as Frank. (The sweaty, overweight, psychotic mama's boy.)
Spinell was a great character actor and he'll be greatly missed for years to come.

(2) Henry and Otis (Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer)- The dynamic duo of slaughter. Great performances by Rooker and Towles. Human Monsters in your face!

(3) Jerry Blake (The Stepfather)- Terry O' Quinn will always be the Stepfather to me. An outstanding performance that shows you a slice of his twisted Father Knows Best world.

(4) Daniel Ray Hawkins and Moon Lawton (Confessions of a Serial Killer)- An amazing buried treasure with stellar performances by Robert A. Burns and Dennis Hill. This movie almost rivals Henry.

(5) Faud Ramses (Blood Feast)- Yep, the grandaddy of splatter flicks courtesy of H.G. Lewis. This one boasts the worst performance in psycho movie history and I loved every damn minute of it! Mal Arnold gives an amazingly inept performance as Faud. Give me a Blood Feast 2000!!!

Any more memorable psychos?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

evileye
10-16-2000, 05:47 PM
I just happened to catch NIGHT WARNING (BUTCHER BAKER NIGHTMARE MAKER) and Susan Tyrell made one hell of a nutcase!

Rock
10-16-2000, 10:16 PM
Not exactly a horror movie but Wings Hauser gave a memorably twisted performance as a sick-puppy pimp in VICE SQUAD...I've never been able to look at him the same since...

I agree w/evileye on Susan Tyrell, she was GREAT as the goofy aunt...but what's up with that stupid retitling (NIGHT WARNING)? This movie needs to be on DVD under its original title (BUTCHER, BAKER, NIGHTMARE MAKER).

Dennis Hopper in BLUE VELVET...for some reason, I don't think he was acting!

Tom Noonan in MANHUNTER...subtle, low-key performance but absolutely terrifying...

David Hess in LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.

DVD Connoisseur
10-17-2000, 08:44 PM
Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher...psycho double deluxe! He was chilling in Blade Runner too.
Also, Christian Bale in American Psycho and Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet.

Jason25
10-18-2000, 04:42 AM
Joe Spinell was awesome in Maniac. It's really tragic that he passed away at a relatively young age. That's one of my favorite movies.

Christian Bale was very good in American Psycho.