PDA

View Full Version : Jason X MIA?

rhett
04-14-2001, 08:59 AM
Well according to www.Fridaythe13thfilms.com (http://www.Fridaythe13thfilms.com) New Line has removed Jason X from their release schedule, which had it originally slated at a August 17th release date. I sincerely hope this doesn't get the "Lost Souls" treatment, or even worse, a Direct To Video release. This film has been done filming for months now, and I think the big mistake was not releasing it today, which is infact a Friday the 13th. Box office is slow now, and with no big hits until The Mummy Returns, now would have been the perfect time to capitalize on weak competition. Bah, of all the companies to mess with fans, you'd think New Line would be the last company to do so, I guess not...

Demon
04-15-2001, 06:47 AM
you ever think the reason New Line keeps delaying it is cause it sucks?

I know thats why, I can't believe they gave them such a big budget for this crap.

MovieFan
04-15-2001, 07:20 AM
This sucks. I've been waiting to see this movie and they delay it. Hell, the movie is finished and then some. I do agree with you, they should've released it yesterday.

rhett
04-15-2001, 06:48 PM
Actually...in the screeners already shown, the film has been getting very positive reception from fans, critics and the MPAA alike. Keep in mind that horror movies are tough to market, and finding the best release date can be a challenege, so that is probably the major reason for its delay. Also factor in that New Line has since got new management since they originally green lighted Jason X. I doubt you have seen it, so don't be an ass and shoot the film down.

Dave
04-16-2001, 03:40 AM
I agree with MovieFan, no point in bashing it until you see it. Will it probably suck? Yeah, I think so. But until I see it, I'll keep on saying 'probably'. :)

Too bad they delayed it.

Mark Relford
04-16-2001, 04:07 AM
Bummer about the delay. I want to see it on the big screen!

Demon
04-16-2001, 07:04 AM
I'm not shooting the film down, the plot already does that.

MovieFan
04-16-2001, 07:52 AM
I know thats why, I can't believe they gave them such a big budget for this crap.

Yeah, cause $14 million is so big. My god, they gave it a Titanic sized budget! :rolleyes:

I'm not shooting the film down, the plot already does that.

Maybe you should not shoot the film down UNTIL you've actually seen the film. You never know, the film could actually be great and bring Jason back from the dead.

KillerCannabis
04-17-2001, 10:20 AM
Jason X has NOT been removed from New Line's lineup and is still going to open on August 17 FOR SURE. They wouldn't send a $15 million movie straight-to-video. A trailer has even been completed, but was deemed too graphic for TV (yes!!), but should arrive in theaters soon. So there you have it.

rhett
04-18-2001, 12:56 AM
Where do you get this information? And why would New Line remove the August 17th date from their website and notify the biggest Friday the 13th site on the internet that the title has been delayed indefinently?

Jasondog
04-18-2001, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis:
<STRONG>Jason X has NOT been removed from New Line's lineup and is still going to open on August 17 FOR SURE. They wouldn't send a $15 million movie straight-to-video. A trailer has even been completed, but was deemed too graphic for TV (yes!!), but should arrive in theaters soon. So there you have it.</STRONG>

The Crow: Salvation had a $24mil. budget supposedly. it is on video and i think Mimic 2 has a pretty high budget for a DTV too

rhett
04-18-2001, 06:52 AM
True Jason, but they are also not part of the longest running theatrical series. Friday has a pretty strong following, and when duds (IMO) like Part 5, 8 and JGTH were all green lighted and all pulled in favorable profits, it would just seem stupid for New Line not to release this. It would also seem logical that they take a gamble on this one, seeing as they have been marred with one box office failure after another, and who knows, this could be their saving grace. They don't really have anything else to fall back on this summer, other than Rush Hour 2. They have also had strong showings in late August with Spawn, Blade and the like, so I still don't know what they are doing removing the release date. I am talking myself in circles here, so I will stop now, but please New Line, don't make this direct-to-video.

Django
04-18-2001, 10:41 AM
I hear its going direct to video BECAUSE of LOTRs.

Fact is Jackson's epic (which I'm still convinced will tank) cost WAY TOO MUCH for a mini-major like New Line and now they only have enough cash to give Rush Hour 2 and LOTRs a proper marketing campaign.

When you're flipping a $325+ million budget for three fantasy films and you haven't had a sizeable success in quite some time, something has to give.

And heaven forbid they close the book on Warren Beatty's Town And Country...

MovieFan
04-18-2001, 03:01 PM
When you're flipping a $325+ million budget for three fantasy films and you haven't had a sizeable success in quite some time, something has to give.

Um, last time I checked, New Line only gave Peter Jackson $180 million to do all three LOTR films ($60 million for each film). But then again, I could be wrong.

DopeChamberX
04-20-2001, 12:27 AM
I don't know the exact amount New Line, spent on LOTR, but I know that, form what I've heard, it almost sounds like its their own Titan A.E., multiplied by 3 and with tons more cash involved.

As for Jason X, I had a desire to see this on the big screen, but after JGTH...well all we know this wont be getting their Infinifilm DVD release ;)

rhett
04-20-2001, 03:08 AM
Haha Dope!

I really do hope New Line gives Platinum Edition treatment to both JGTH and JX. After all the guff fans have been giving over Paramounts releases, you'd think New Line would salvage Friday fans by giving the films the treatment they deserve.

As for Jason X going DTV I really hope not. I am pretty sure it would make back its 14 million dollar budget, and if anything is going to tank, I put my money on Rush Hour 2. Watered down Jackie Chan moves, and watered down Chris Tucker dialogue do not a good movie make.

Lindane
04-20-2001, 09:39 AM
Fuck that noize!! Jackie Chans the man!!

rhett
04-20-2001, 08:47 PM
I agree, Jackie Chan rules, but I don't see why everyone liked Rush Hour. The action and stunts in basically ALL his other films are better than what he did in Rush Hour.

Lindane
04-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Yea I agree but thats also because he only has so much control over his American movies, where as his Eastern films he is in total control. They just wont let him get that jiggy with his shit over here. Hes just worth too much dough. I saw his new film, The Accidental Spy, however, and that was loaded with good fights and stunts. They say they are going to give him total control over Shanghai Noon 2 if he wishes to make it though.