PDA

View Full Version : The Prowler

Cujo108
01-29-2001, 01:36 AM
This is a very excellent slasher film, one of the best. The killer is quite creepy, and has very cool weapons, especially the bayonet. Tom Savini's gore effects are simply outstanding! This is such a great film that every slasher fan should see. I want an SE DVD release of this VERY soon! What do you all think of this classic?

Vdlman
01-29-2001, 02:42 AM
I like this movie too. It's one of the better early '80s slashers. This would certainly be a good title for Anchor Bay to get their hands on.

Mark Relford
01-29-2001, 04:09 AM
Same here! It's a good 80's slasher that SCREAMS out for a DVD release! Thanks to Vdlman for recommending this movie to me a while back. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

useless trivia: Lustig named the screen psycho ("Frank Zito" from Maniac.) after his friend, Joesph Zito. (Director of The Prowler and F13th- The Final Chapter.)

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

AceRimRat
01-29-2001, 08:07 PM
I love this movie! The effects are great and bloody, and it would make a terrific DVD since the VHS versions I've always seen are so dark, they're horrible to watch. It would be nice to see someone pick this up and do something good with it. Who owns Vestron's stuff anyway?

Rock
01-31-2001, 05:27 AM
I too would be interested in this on DVD but ONLY if Tom Savini's excellent FX are restored in their entirety...I saw it on cable years ago in its truncated version and was not all that impressed.