PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse Classic?

Rock
10-16-2000, 11:22 PM
Is there a fave slasher of yours that would not make most Top Ten lists, something that did not get a lot of notoriety upon initial release and, perhaps, vanished into obscurity that you, nonetheless, feel is a "dark horse" classic of terror? Please limit your choice to the first ONE that comes to mind...

Mine is THE UNSEEN (1980), a movie Leonard Maltin's TV/VIDEO GUIDE calls "a moronic horror film, not very horrifying"...in my opinion, an good little suspense thriller with excellent performances from Sydney Lassick, Lelia Goldoni, and Stephen Furst (as Junior, the monstrous offspring). Next?

(Sorry for the double post...)

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 10-16-2000).]

evileye
10-16-2000, 11:54 PM
For some bizarre reason NIGHT SCHOOL always held my interest.

The cat and mouse games with the severed heads and the DePalma-ish locker-room murder (not to mention the persistant electronic score) made up for the lack gore in this one (and seeing Rachel Ward trying to get thought this kind of crap is always a hoot).

AceRimRat
10-17-2000, 09:45 PM
I'm a big fan of "The Prowler" with its nice Savini F/X and fairly decent acting (for a low-budget slasher).

suttercane
10-18-2000, 12:59 AM
Slaughter High is a very fun slasher movie, the kills are very unique ( someone drinks poisoned beer and their stomach explodes!).
Being a fan of Caroline Munro and over the top slashers this one scores with me.... but you wont hear me mentioning that at work.

Mark Relford
10-18-2000, 02:50 AM
I'll go with Color Me Blood Red. (The weakest film from the Blood Trilogy.) Too much padding and not enough gore. It does boast a superb performance by Don Joseph as the mad artist, Adam Sorg.

Fun Fact: The actor who played Marty in Slaughter High killed himself after the movie was completed.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"