PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead?

ekent
06-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, does someone know where I can pick this laserdisc up?

Also, is the region 2 DVD no longer for sale?

I want the old version w/ the music score untouched (the nerve of those butchers at MGM :fuck: )

Please help me out, this latest MGM release has got me pissed off! I tried to watch it again the other night and I want to puke when Roky Erikson's "Burn the Flames" gets cut off, not to mention the fact that TSOL's "Nothing for You" has been totally removed. This foul up is as bad as anything Lucas ever did in my eyes. Please help me out, this old school VHS just don't cut it anymore. Thanks.

chrishicks
06-09-2003, 08:51 PM
I would also like some info on the R2 disc. it is still MGM(or at least it is on the sites I checked) so would this be the same as R1?

ekent
06-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I am pretty sure that it was a tartan disc

Dave
06-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Pick up a laserdisc?

Ebay or Jeff's Used LD Finder (do a google search). Shit, I'll sell you mine if you want it. I already have the PAL R2 DVD and the R1 SE (which I'll probably never watch again since it's cut).

FYI, Black Star (www.blackstar.co.uk) still lists the R2 DVD for sale.

I'll sell you the LD for $15.00 shipped if ya want it.

ekent
06-09-2003, 10:56 PM
I would have done that deal Dave but I just picked up the tartan disc for 18 shipped off of amazon's UK site. Thank you though. Seeing as how I couldn't find that LD, you may want to toss it on ebay, not sure what it would get but I bet more than 15.

Dave
06-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Nah, I'll probably just keep it. I didn't have any plans to sell it, but I don't watch it either, hence the offer.

Enjoy the disc.