PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Falls on USA this friday...

jeffschmidt
10-18-2000, 06:27 AM
I haven't really been following CF, but I saw several ads this evening while watching "Shriek if you know what I did last friday the 13th" on USA. I seem to remember a Fango article on Cherry Falls, but I don't remember it being a TV movie... I'm curious to see how "bad" it will be on a cable channel (gore, sex, etc)

creaturekid
10-19-2000, 07:13 AM
I was really, really looking forward to this movie when I first found out about it. The report (probably the same article in Fango that you mentioned) stated that it was going to be really really gory and very offensive and pollitically incorrect (in terms of the amount of on-screen killing and nudity due to the story), so I followed the sordid tale all the way up to this point. It was originally going to go to theaters on September 29, then got delayed till November. I then heard that the film was given an X rating and that so much had to be cut out in order to get an R, they decided to sell the movie to HBO who was going to put it on cable in November. Now, suddenly, here it is on USA. If that story about there being so much stuff cut out in order to get an R, how the hell are they going to fill up 2 hours on a regular cable channel (at least on HBO they could have shown it uncut). It really bothers me, as I said, I was looking forward to it, but now it's probably going to be terrible. I read the script, and it was okay, but I'm not expecting too much from the movie.

Mark Relford
10-20-2000, 07:49 AM
I'm taping it tomorrow. Expect a January 2001 DVD release. Cross your fingers for an uncut version!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

jeffschmidt
10-21-2000, 06:07 AM
Well, it's friday and I just watched CF on USA. It was pretty good IMO; good enough that when(if) an "uncut" DVD becomes available I'll probably get it right away. A fun little slasher at any rate.

creaturekid
10-21-2000, 06:42 AM
I really liked it alot. Obviously, there were plenty of points where I could see it had been edited, and that kind of pissed me off, but even in its pan-and-scanned, commerical-break-filled, censored-to-bits version, I still really enjoyed it. I can't wait for it come out uncut. I'm glad I taped it, as I'm sure it'll be a while before they release a disc.