PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Falls

AceRimRat
11-28-2000, 09:17 PM
DVD File and DVD Review are reporting USA will release "Cherry Falls" in February as part of a double-feature with a movie called "Terror Tract," of which I know nothing.

Movie's listed at 92 minutes, but there's no details on whether it's the TV version or some other version. IMDB lists the movie's USA runtime at 100 minutes, so I don't have a clue what that implies.

It doesn't seem like there's any excitement over this disc from those Web sites or USA as far as "uncut" or special features or anything. Guess this one will just be another what-might-have-been story. Too bad.

Rock
11-28-2000, 10:46 PM
TERROR TRACT (with an aging John Ritter) was just on USA the other night and proved to be nothing more than a nasty, cheap, & predictable piece of made-for-TV trash, typical of USA Network...save your money...

Mark Relford
11-29-2000, 02:37 AM
What a bummer!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

MovieFan
11-29-2000, 04:23 AM
If you visit the film's official website, www.cherryfallsmovie.com (http://www.cherryfallsmovie.com) , it says "Coming soon to DVD with never before seen footage they wouldn't let us show you." This means either the following:

1) It's the R-Rated cut (since most of us saw the cut seen on USA Network).
2) It's the Unrated cut.

I e-mailed USA Films to see which version the DVD contains... if the DVD contains just the R-Rated cut, then I'm just renting the disc. If the DVD contains the Unrated cut, I'll buy the disc.

Dave
11-29-2000, 05:07 PM
Was Cherry Falls any good? I've never seen it.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

MovieFan
11-30-2000, 12:52 AM
Dave, the 83 minute cut (a.k.a. the TV cut) that most people saw was pretty good. Worth a purchase (if the DVD comes out in the unrated cut). http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

http://209.164.32.182/productimages/thumbnail/15106.jpg

Mark Relford
11-30-2000, 02:29 AM
I agree. It's a very enjoyable slasher that's worth checking out.

------------------

indiephantom
12-05-2000, 11:35 PM
I really want to see this because it has a great premise and the beautiful and interesting actress Brittany Murphy (Girl, Interrupted, Clueless, Freeway, Drop Dead Gorgeous) When is it due on DVD? Fangoria has raved about it.

MovieFan
12-06-2000, 01:45 AM
Indie, 2/27.

MovieFan
12-22-2000, 04:22 AM
Well the VHS tape of Cherry Falls will include the 92 minute R rated cut of the film. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

Let's just hope that USA Home Entertainment does release the Unrated cut (which runs at 100 minutes) onto DVD. They could since the DVD comes out a month after the VHS tape, but I have a feeling that the DVD will include the R rated cut.

DeepDownTraumaHound
12-22-2000, 05:17 PM
BOO! do we horror fans always get ripped off or what? put my ass in cahrge of these releases. i'll realese everything uncut, unedited, unfuct. i hate that we have no control as buyers. who the hell elese will buy something like CHUD? an aging nun? (well, maybe) we horror fans are dropping the cash!! damn fools need to keep us happy. unless the creeps know we will buy it even if it isn't uncut. GIVE US THE WHOLE MOIVE BUTT WARTS!

MovieFan
01-20-2001, 07:47 AM
I have info from a reliable source with me right now...

Good: The DVD, is now listed at a 189 minute running time, not the previous 185 minutes.

Bad: Those four extra minutes belong to Terror Tract and Cherry Falls will indeed be the R-Rated cut (at 92 minutes).

Maybe USA Films will do an SE one day with the unrated cut attached? Only one can hope.

DopeChamberX
01-20-2001, 07:52 AM
UGGH! Does USA really think there's an audience out there who want to see 4 more minutes of John Ritter!?!?! When will people learn?

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

My Collection (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Rasmith)

MovieFan
01-20-2001, 04:07 PM
Does USA really think there's an audience out there who want to see 4 more minutes of John Ritter!?!?!

I want to know who even wants to *see* John Ritter anymore. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

IMO, this was a bad move on USA Films part. They praised Cherry Falls when it was uncut saying it would be the new Scream, yet when the MPAA butchered it up, they treated it like their bastard child. So they butcher it up even more for television (cutting out all the violence/death scenes and the orgy) and then they release it on an overpriced DVD (as the R-Rated cut) with a freaking John Ritter made for TV horror film on the flip side.

I'm sure there were fans of the film out there who wanted to buy the disc if uncut, but since it's not uncut, good, USA Films saved me $20. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MovieFan (edited 01-20-2001).]

AceRimRat
01-22-2001, 10:07 PM
Yup, saved me $20 too.

Mark Relford
01-23-2001, 12:05 AM
"Come and knock on our door..." http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/wink.gif

F**k USA Films! $20 bucks saved for a better DVD.

------------------

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

Chucky P
01-29-2001, 06:30 AM
Hey don't dis the Ritts, he was the glue that made Three's Company stick

[This message has been edited by Chucky P (edited 01-29-2001).]

MovieFan
02-03-2001, 05:26 AM
The following is for the people who saw Cherry Falls on USA. I made this comparision from what I remember seeing on USA and the Hong Kong VCD (R-Rated Cut) which I only paid $6 for (and yes, it's an offical VCD). So here we go (the following includes spoilers)...

Cherry Falls: TV Cut to R-Rated Cut

1) We see more of Rod getting killed when Rod enters his car to rescue Stacey.

2) We see a flashback in color (along with the flashback in red) of Stacey's death when Brett is looking around the crime scene.

3) During the classroom scene, a good amount of the students use the word 'fuck' (which was muted out in the TV cut).

4) In the TV cut, Sandy replied to Jody about if Sharon goes all the way by saying "I doubt it." In the R-Rated cut, she says "I doubt it. Like who'd wanna fuck her?"

5) We see more of Annette attacking her boyfriend in the cafeteria with her boyfriend yelling out how her giving head.

6) We see some of Annette's attack, but all we get to see is the killer pounding her head into the door a few times.

7) When Jody finds Timmy's dead body, we see more of his dead body.

8) More additional dialog when Cindy is talking about boys and sex.

9) An additional scene with Ben and his friends getting high in his car and them talking about the orgy.

10) A longer intro into the orgy.

11) We see a brief nipple shot of Laura during Brett retelling how him and his friends raped her.

12) When Leonard is talking about why he killed the teens, we see an extended shot of Lenoard stabbing Stacey.

13) When the killer kills the cop by pounding a knife into his head, the TV cut showed the knife going straight into the head and then cutting back to Jody and Kenny running to the orgy. The R rated cut only shows half of this scene (the knife briefly enters the cop's head and we're off to Jody and Kenny running), but we do see an additional scene of the killer trying to get the knife out of his head.

14) More orgy shots as Jody and Kenny enter the orgy.

15) We see an extended shot of when Leonard stabs Kenny.

16) Instead of the killer dying, once he falls off the balcony and crashes into the picket fence, we see him get up and Brett's assistant shoots him (we see his arm getting shot and a body part [too fast to see which body part] get blown up).

17) The TV's cut credits rolled down, the R rated cut's credits roll up.

So basically, the R rated cut still dosen't show Stacey's and Timmy's death scenes and Annette's full death scene. Also, there are more shots of the orgy which didn't make the R rated cut. At this moment, I hope USA Films does release an Unrated cut of the film, or they let somebody else do it.

MovieFan
02-09-2001, 03:37 AM
The DVD has been delayed to a March 20th release date. It also supports a new lower SRP of $19.95 ... no word on if any of the disc's content is being changed, but it'll probably still be the R-rated cut.

Funktion
02-09-2001, 03:39 AM
Just a quick note:
the double feature dvd "Cherry Falls/Terror Tract" is available for pre-order for a nice price (the price was lowered to $13.99 in Amazon). The dvd was also delayed...

Since I didn't get a chance to see the movie (it wasn't shown where I live), I'll get this dvd (it's cheap...), even though I hate to buy cut releases...

I would love to see the "orgy scene" ;)
By the way, does anyone in here own a bootleg of the workprint?

MovieFan
02-09-2001, 03:42 AM
I would love to see the "orgy scene"

The "orgy scene" wasn't that very explicit to begin with. It had some sexual content in which the way the partners were "positioned" and how they were "moving" ... but basically, the only nudity you got to saw was asses. :(

Funktion
02-09-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by MovieFan:
The "orgy scene" wasn't that very explicit to begin with. It had some sexual content in which the way the partners were "positioned" and how they were "moving" ... but basically, the only nudity you got to saw was asses. :(

Moviefan, have you seen the "workprint"?
Does anyone in the forum own (or has seen) the workprint?
I would love to get my hands on a copy of it, but I've never seen it around...

David666
02-10-2001, 12:39 AM
I feel this film was a major disappointment for not only myself but for the genre. For the extent of my thoughts see my post about it in the General forum.

MovieFan
02-10-2001, 12:45 AM
Moviefan, have you seen the "workprint"?

Yes, but at a test screening I went to in CA last year. We were the first test screening which means we got shown all the orgy and violence.

MovieFan
03-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Bad news...

My friend just e-mailed me the following as he has the DVD in his hands right now...

1) The DVD is indeed the R-Rated cut as I previosuly reported. No unrated cut. :mad:
2) The DVD includes a 1.77:1 aspect ratio of Cherry Falls, not the 1.85:1 it was filmed in. He made no mention of the disc being anamorphic or not.
3) The DVD includes a Dolby Surround 2.0 track. No Dolby Digital 5.1 as reported by DVD File in the past. Why it doesn't contain a 5.1 track is beyond me since it is a recent film.
4) There are no extras on the disc.

So it's official, the disc sucks. At this point, I don't think the public well ever see an unrated cut of Cherry Falls. :(