PDA

View Full Version : The Burning VHS up for pre-order at Amazon!

y2doublet
02-19-2001, 04:02 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I saw over at GoreZone's forum that a VHS of The Burning is up for pre-order at Amazon.com. It's supposedly the R-version, but anyhow. Like they said a DVD can't be far behind. Only problem is the artwork for it is generic and Amazon's logo is on it. It doesn't read anywhere who has released it. Wonder why nobody's noticed it before.

Vdlman
02-19-2001, 06:54 PM
It does say who's releasing it and unfortunately the company is MGM.

Mark Relford
02-19-2001, 08:32 PM
Man, that cover is a fucking eyesore! Don't expect an uncut DVD from the Lion. :(

rhett
02-19-2001, 11:43 PM
My God! That is the ugliest cover art I have ever seen! I hope it gets changed back to the original cover art (a couple in a lake with the outline of the killer in the background)! :mad:

y2doublet
02-20-2001, 10:37 AM
Doesn't Amazon own logo also cover it? I think it just means to show it's a generic cover, put on since they don't have the real one yet. I know the good people over at Gorezone's forum speculated about it too.

y2doublet
02-20-2001, 11:02 AM
Sorry. Did a little more checking and everything points to The Lion releasing it. It's seem to be part of some sort of a "long-unavailable-movie-vault" campaign. They have a full list of all the 99 films included at Amazon. The good news when I peeked at the list is that I saw that not only are they releasing the Burning but also other previously unreleased horror-flicks like Clown House and Cellar Dweller. Man, I remember seeing the cover of Clown House in a videostore one time. Sure freaked me out, what with the scary clowns and all. I hope the DVDs aren't far behind.

Mark Relford
02-21-2001, 12:09 AM
y2doublet, it looks like the other MGM movies have the same generic cover. Amazon has the cool poster art for The Burning up. (Don't know if it's on the VHS.)
Guys, I'm seriously thinking about getting the video (GASP!) to tide me over. Please forgive me! ;)

Mark Relford
02-26-2001, 04:47 AM
The Burning VHS came in the mail yesterday and it has the piss yellow Lion cover.
It was a blast watching this great slasher again! (A nice trip down memory lane.)

AceRimRat
02-26-2001, 10:33 PM
Is it indeed the R-rated version?

Mark Relford
02-27-2001, 04:36 AM
Ace, it's the R-rated version. I'm hoping for an uncut version on DVD, but the chance of that happening is slim. (Especially, if it's from The Lion.)

Amazon also has My Bloody Valentine on VHS. I'm dying to see that one again. It's very tempting! :D

Rene
03-02-2001, 09:50 PM
Hi, didnīt know thereīs more than one version of this movie (?), saw it on VHS (EMI ? but not MGM) some time ago... how do I know if that was the "R" rated or the uncut version... whatīs the difference between them ?

Vdlman
03-03-2001, 02:38 AM
The old Thorn EMI VHS version is the R-rated cut. The unrated version was never released in America.

freerangehuman
03-05-2001, 11:32 AM
The difference between the R-rated and Unrated Burning is just a little cool Savini FX. During the raft scene, its quite a bit gorier(excellent). But, you have to sacrifice quality (in my experience) to get the quality. If that makes any freaking sense! For example, I have a blurry, shitty uncut copy of the Burning on VHS and its like watching it at the drive-in after having your optical nerves caved in by the Toxic Avenger. I hope this answers any questions you have. Oh yeah, you can get the uncut Burning and many other fine films from www.videoscreams.com (http://www.videoscreams.com) .

p.s. tis not their fault about the quality, its just the source material