PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla X Mechagodzilla REVIEW

KR~!
06-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Back for his 24th outing, Godzilla returns to face an updated adversary very familiar to monster fans. Fast paced with kinetic fight scenes, this entry is unlikely to disappoint fans of Japans most famous export.

Read the rest here :

http://www.moviehole.net/reviews.php?reviewid=846

Evil Disco Guy
06-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Speaking of Godzilla, I'm thinking of picking up the HK VCD of Godzilla 2000 but I'm still not sure. From what I've read the HK DVD has the uncut version of the film, features English subs and has the original Japanese audio but you can only view the subs if you watch the Cantonese dub. The R1 DVD is out of the question so the HK VCD is the only real choice (seeing as the subs are burnt in which means you can have the original Japanese audio along with the English subs).

I'm just wondering if there are any better releases before I splash the cash. Thankfully the other HK Godzilla DVDs don't have the same problem...

Andrew
06-14-2003, 06:25 AM
Is this a remake? I remember the original G vs. Mecha-G was one of my favorite Godzilla flicks.

KR~!
06-14-2003, 06:25 PM
There were Three Mechagodzilla movies before this one, this is his 4th flim.

gfanikf
06-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Evil Disco Guy
Speaking of Godzilla, I'm thinking of picking up the HK VCD of Godzilla 2000 but I'm still not sure. From what I've read the HK DVD has the uncut version of the film, features English subs and has the original Japanese audio but you can only view the subs if you watch the Cantonese dub. The R1 DVD is out of the question so the HK VCD is the only real choice (seeing as the subs are burnt in which means you can have the original Japanese audio along with the English subs).

I'm just wondering if there are any better releases before I splash the cash. Thankfully the other HK Godzilla DVDs don't have the same problem...

Nah just pickup the VCD thats what I did, and truth be told I dont think I ever got through it once and besides its so dirt cheap on ebay.

Azathoth
06-15-2003, 02:58 AM
From what I've read the HK DVD has the uncut version of the film, features English subs and has the original Japanese audio but you can only view the subs if you watch the Cantonese dub.

That depends on your player. Some don't have this odd effect.

rxfiend
06-16-2003, 05:56 AM

actually, there is a workaround, well two workarounds for this dvd. one workaround is that you totally stop the disc when it's being played (hit stop several times on your remote), then go into setup for your dvd player, select jap audio, eng subs, then hit play. then it should start the movie with japanese audio w/ eng subs. this will not work on all players though. or, if you have a dvd burner, you can do what i did. download the DVD Decrypter software and just make a copy of the dvd. by default, the program will rid the dvd copy of region codes and restrictions. Thus, you will be able to play the movie with jap audio and eng subs by just pushing the audio/subtitle buttons on your remote.

KR~!
06-16-2003, 07:22 AM
Did you know that there was suppose to be a US release of G2000 in Japanese with english subs but it was canceled.

rxfiend
06-16-2003, 07:01 PM
i think it's because Columbia wanted their dvd out by a certain time, and if they were to include the japanese version, it'd taken longer. why they needed the G2k dvd out at a certain time is beyond me.

KR~!
06-16-2003, 08:49 PM
They were going to release two DVDs one was the american version with extras for $19.95 and One in Japanese with sub titles with no extras for $29.95 :rolleyes:

This is all true as it was listed at every website at the time, but I guess that someone in marketing thought that it might confuse people as to which dvd they were getting, so they just released the US version.