PDA

View Full Version : Massacre Collection

AceRimRat
01-10-2001, 02:00 AM
Anybody have any of the discs in the "Massacre Collection" - Slumber Party 1,2 and 3 and Sorority House 1 and 2 - and can tell me how they are?

Just curious, couldn't find decent reviews anywhere except one.

Mark Relford
01-10-2001, 04:37 AM
Ace, the first Slumber Party is worth picking up for the cheap price. ($8.99) The transfer's good (A little grain here and there, but nothing distracting.) I'm happy to have it in my collection.
Here's a review: http://www.mondo-digital.com/slumberparty.html

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-09-2001).]

Jasondog
01-10-2001, 09:07 PM
I have all 3 of the SPM discs, but i dont have the Sorority Massacre discs

Rock
01-11-2001, 05:11 AM
I too have SLUMBER PARTY MASSACE in my collection, one of my "guilty pleasures"...although as I have mentioned before, I was disappointed that the original opening credits were not included on the disc...

AceRimRat
01-11-2001, 09:18 PM
So how are the sequels, JD?

Jasondog
01-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Tell ya what, I haven't watched (or ever seen) any of them yet...but I need something to watch tonight so ill check out at least the first 2 and get back to you...

Later,

Jasondog

Jasondog
01-12-2001, 06:01 AM
Okay, I only got through the first one tonight and it is a fun little slasher flick. Although i think the grain is ALOT more noticible then people let on. It's a nice widescreen transfer and the cigar burns are still in the print. Sometimes the burns get cut off on the side of the television leading me to believe that possibly the original transfer is wider then what we have but i dont mind. All and all it is worth the $9 or $10 I paid for it. it doesnt suck at all. Ill go through the sequals (or at least part 2) Sunday probably. Hope this helps, it is definitely worth the money.

Jasondog
01-12-2001, 09:26 AM
Okay, so i have insomnia tonight (and i work today which sucks) I watched part II and i find it hands and feet above the first film. It is very funny and i think has a better DVD presentation then the original. However, this DVD is in full-frame but while im not sure, I think it is straight-to-video which would explain that. Also, it has Crystal Bernard in it, a much more pretty cast (albeit less nudity) then the first movie. Some doofus named Patrick Lowe (which may in fact be Rob Lowe's brother) is in it too. It is a hilarious movie and I see myself watching it alot more then the first. The whole soundtrack is hilarious.

MOVIE HIGHLIGHT:

The Attack of the chicken, excellent stuff. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

AceRimRat
01-12-2001, 08:38 PM
I've actually seen Part II on video, years ago, which is what sort of sparked my interest in this set of cheapos.

Thanks for the updates, JD. May check 'em out. Let me know if you see part III.