PDA

View Full Version : Dead of Night (aka Lighthouse)

AceRimRat
03-19-2001, 08:33 PM
What are the details on the DVD? Region, NTSC/PAL, etc.?

In other words, could I actually find it at the video store once I dig through those Urban Lameness copies?

Rock
03-19-2001, 08:51 PM
I doubt it, AceRimRat, I got mine through Ken Cranes, haven't seen it anywhere else...this much I know: Region 1 DVD by Image Entertainment, 95 minutes, rated R, 1999, directed by Simon Hunter (whom I hope we hear from in the very near future)...

AceRimRat
03-20-2001, 03:17 AM
Well, if it's an Image disc, there's always a chance... Thanks, Rock.

Rock
03-20-2001, 05:16 AM
I was in hog heaven this weekend...as a big fan of horror films and lighthouses, I was looking forward to watching my newest DVD, an unknown (and underrated) British gem called DEAD OF NIGHT (filmed as LIGHTHOUSE). I was not disappointed...a Hannibal Lecter-like serial killer named Leo Rook escapes from a prison transport ship and rows to a nearby offshore lighthouse where he slaughters the keepers and snuffs out the beam, causing the ship he's just escaped from to crash and strand the remaining crew...one by one, he picks them off and collects their heads, leaving the last two survivors with nowhere to go but up...

This one rocks, guys, one of the best rides I've had in a long, long time...packs more gory entertainment into 90 suspensful minutes than any domestic fright flick I've seen in the past ten years and makes HANNIBAL look like HOWARD THE DUCK. How very sad (and typical) for us here in America that you'll probably never find this one next to the 10 copies of URBAN LEGENDS: FINAL CUT at your favorite store...

Rock
03-20-2001, 09:20 PM
Mark, that's great! Thanks for posting the link...couldn't have said it better myself!

Mark Relford
03-21-2001, 05:32 AM
This movie sounds interesting. I've passed it in the video store several times due to the cheesy cover. DVD Unleashed gives it a favorable review.
http://www.dvdunleashed.net/reviews/deadnite.html

Lindane
03-26-2001, 09:42 AM
Yea this one was truly craptastic!! A++. Absolutely so great that me and my girlfriend had to watch it three times over because we fell asleep within the first 20 minutes twice in a row. Fucking fabola fellas!