PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Mummy/2 discs for Universal

fishhead
01-09-2001, 05:23 PM
Well, Universal is releasing their first 2-disc edition. I'm sad it isn't the Frighteners, but maybe this is the start of proper special editions for Universal.

But why oh why The Mummy? Now, I enjoyed The Mummy (and fear for the sequel) but does it really need an "ultimate" 2 disc SE? Especially since most of the extras seem geared towards marketing of the sequel. Maybe I'm just cranky today, but geez. I'm getting a bit sick of The Mummy marketing.

I just hope that now that Universal is taking the 2-disc plunge we'll finally see a proper release of Frighteners and all the extras

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

gunner
01-09-2001, 05:56 PM
I'm very glad that universal is doing a 2 disc set.I am also upset to hear they've chosen this cgi snooze fest to waste thier efforts on once again.I absolutly hate the Mummy remake or should I call it Indiana Jones meets The Mummy.I would also love to see The Frighteners or maybe even The Thing or Psycho given this treatment in the near future.

DVD Connoisseur
01-09-2001, 10:39 PM
This is another example of me regretting "jumping the gun" buying a DVD movie. It doesn't seem two minutes ago since I bought my DVD of The Mummy and already a S.E. is on the way! This is X-Men revisited! Call me cynical, but this is a very crafty, calculated move by the studios and will not win them many supporters (at least not those who've already forked out hard earned cash for the film already). Anybody feel the same way?

chrishicks
01-09-2001, 10:45 PM
When is this scheduled to be released? I have doubles of quite a few DVD's now but hey, what's 1 more? I wish the studios would just do these SE's the 1st time and then move on to the next title.

Django
01-09-2001, 10:46 PM
Quit your bitching. Let them re-do it if they want to. I bought the first one and I'm happy with it. And no trailer thats just gonna be on the DVD of the sequel itself six months from now is gonna change that.

And its Legend the first 2-disc special edition from Universal?

chrishicks
01-09-2001, 10:55 PM
I'm not bitching. I'm just upset that there are so many titles that haven't even been released once yet and some studios are going back and re-releasing titles for the 2nd and 3rd time. That's all. Sorry for the way I stated that before. I also like the 1st version of the Mummy and will also buy the SE.

David666
01-11-2001, 04:27 AM
Sadly, Legend has not been released and after several date changes doesn't even have a definative release date. This just flat out sucks! I have been looking forward to this for a very long time.

------------------
-David

"Didn't they tell you Kirsty, the rules of the fairy tale have changed. Not only am I the wicked stepmother, but I'm also the evil queen. So come on! Take your best shot, Snow White!"
- Julia (Claire Higgings)
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

"If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?"
... who knows, its on the radio all the time.

Django
01-11-2001, 04:56 AM
I know Legend hasn't been released. But it still was the first 2-Disc Set Universal produced non the less...

landrvr
01-12-2001, 02:34 AM
well, i'm bitching - and i thought the movie sucked.

releasing a 'special edition' after the already released 'collector's edition' is just sick and wrong.