PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Franco DVD's

Ralph Mouth
12-20-2000, 12:30 PM
Can't wait for Second Sight's DVD releases of Franco's "Vampyros Lesbos" and "She Killed in Ecstasy".

According to Marc Morris they are better quality than the Synapse release. Widescreen, enhanced for 16:9 TV's, include trailers and stills galleries and both are passed uncut (the original German prints - not the slightly less explicit Spanish versions). Cheers.

mutleyhyde
12-20-2000, 04:58 PM
Yeah, but aren't those going to be Region 2?

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Dave
12-21-2000, 12:55 PM
Region 2 and PAL

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

mutleyhyde
12-21-2000, 04:33 PM
Yep. Kinda sucks. But since I don't have an HDTV I don't REALLY mind the Synapse releases not being anamorphic (I do prefer anamorphic purchases for the sole purpose of upwards compatibility). However, I haven't heard anything so far about any cut scenes in the Synapse releases. Anybody know any more on this?

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

M. Hyde

Ralph Mouth
12-21-2000, 10:46 PM
Sorry - my original post was directed at fellow Brit's thinking of purchasing. I was letting them know the BBFC have kept their scissors in the drawer. The Synape releases are indeed uncut.

mutleyhyde
12-22-2000, 01:47 AM
That's cool Ralph. Even though I'm a Texan bred and reered, you can consider me a friend. You guys have got the best ale in the world! I visited your fine little isle back in '91 and when I got back I had to take to making my own ale as nothing we had compared and the stuff just don't import well (and bottled ale just flat out sucks!). Add to that Hammer, Hammer babes, Jenny Agutter, your fine genre TV shows, and you guys're alright!!

------------------

M. Hyde

Ralph Mouth
12-22-2000, 03:31 PM
Fair, you've brought tears to my eyes...

...though I bet if stayed here longer than 6 months you would have gauged a more accurate view of this country.

mutleyhyde
12-22-2000, 05:02 PM
With all that ale in me, I couldn't guage an accurate view of anything! I was only there for a couple of weeks, but primarily stayed in the country and smaller cities, which was great. I loved the old churches and farms, and most definitely the old pubs! I basically started in Derby, and worked my way north from there. I did have to go to London for my last few days so as to get my comic books and horror novels though. Call me a sap, but I prefer the old sights.
Cheers!

------------------

M. Hyde

Jason25
12-25-2000, 10:16 PM
I'm going to check out these region 2 discs. I'm curious to find out how they look.