PDA

View Full Version : dddhouse.com

marcx
06-24-2003, 09:27 PM
I just placed my first order with them. The prices were incredible! How long does it usually take for the orders to arrive?

DVD Connoisseur
06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Orders tend to take around 4 - 6 days to the UK. Don't know how long it'll take to reach you, marcx, but would guess at a week (tops).

Orders come recorded delivery so they're safe.

I love those guys at dddhouse. Excellent prices. And their packages come wrapped with a ribbon. Nice!:D

Hernster
06-25-2003, 11:52 AM
I've used them once, and my DVD was delivered in about 10 day's.

I'd use again no problem. :glasses:

marcx
06-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the responses guy. honestly with these prices if all goes well I can't see ordering Asian DVD from anyplace else! I ordered about 5 DVDs and its going to run me abot $40. Crazy!

I ordered:

Dark WAter (i have a vhs ciopy but for the price i want the dts dvd)
Audition (cheaper than the region 1 and i have only seen the r rated version)
Kakashi
St. Johns wort
Uzumaki (Benn neaning to get that for a while)

Good times to come!

Tonight Ill be watching Phone--I just picked it up yesteay froma place near work...

Disco Stu
06-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by marcx
Thanks for the responses guy. honestly with these prices if all goes well I can't see ordering Asian DVD from anyplace else! I ordered about 5 DVDs and its going to run me abot $40. Crazy!

I ordered:

Dark WAter (i have a vhs ciopy but for the price i want the dts dvd)
Audition (cheaper than the region 1 and i have only seen the r rated version)
Kakashi
St. Johns wort
Uzumaki (Benn neaning to get that for a while)

Good times to come!

Tonight Ill be watching Phone--I just picked it up yesteay froma place near work...

Yes they are a very good company, but since you live in NYC you could get these same discs for either a cheaper or equal price in Chinatown. There are three stores on Bowery Street, all the way on the east side on Canal St. who basically have the same inventory as DDDHouse. That's where I buy all of my R3 and R0 Asian discs, and have done for about 2 years.

Hernster
06-25-2003, 06:28 PM
www.coolashop.com are also a company I've used, and will use again. :glasses:

Reverenddave
06-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the responses guy. honestly with these prices if all goes well I can't see ordering Asian DVD from anyplace else!

You might want to check out DVDShelf.com (http://www.dvdshelf.com). For a while I was using DDDHouse for all my Hong Kong purchases. But lately DVDShelf seems to be cheaper. For example, those 5 DVDs would cost HK$277 shipped at DVDShelf compared to HK$300 shipped at DDDHouse.

marcx
06-25-2003, 09:13 PM
wow-thanks for all this input guys. Ive been way overpaying for this stuff before now! DiscoStu-If you have any more details on the names and locations of these stores I would really appreciate it! My wife and I are in that are often and I never realized they were there! Wow Kims doesnt fell like the best option anymore!

Disco Stu
06-26-2003, 08:04 PM
wow-thanks for all this input guys. Ive been way overpaying for this stuff before now! DiscoStu-If you have any more details on the names and locations of these stores I would really appreciate it! My wife and I are in that are often and I never realized they were there! Wow Kims doesnt fell like the best option anymore!

Kim's is not bad for R2 stuff, the prices are close to Benson's World + the shipping. But R3 discs are almost double that of what you could get in Chinatown. These three stores are all on one block. Just go as East as you can on Canal Street until you hit the bridge. To your left, on the east side of the street, is the first sotre. And there are two more on the same block. I don't remember the names of the stores, but if you look carefully you can see what the stores are selling inside.

marcx
06-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Have to check it out on my next visit to that area! thanks!