PDA

View Full Version : House By The Cemetery news?

Rene
05-19-2001, 10:19 PM
Hi, whatīs up with ABīs "House By The Cemetery" DVD? According to AB the street date still is June 12, but TowerRecords says May 15, CDNOW says May 22 (only Amazon still says June 12). Has AB put the disc out a month earlier now? I sure wouldnīt mind if ;)

PS. I was also wondering, the "Manhattan Baby" and "Blade In The Dark" (p)reviews have been interesting, is a review to the new HBTC DVD following soon? Thanks in advance :)

Rene
05-21-2001, 07:48 PM
I also got shipping confirmation for these two titles, but are that really the AB discs already? Has the release date changed from June to May?

betterdan
05-22-2001, 12:47 AM
Cool, I'm gonna go order it from amazon now and hopefully it will ship quickly.

Trout
05-22-2001, 01:08 AM
My order on Amazon says "expected shipping date: January 12" (WTF!!!). I'm hoping that is a major typo on their part.

If you ordered HBTC, make sure it isn't the $6.99 version. ;)

Jason Reynolds
05-22-2001, 06:38 AM
I got shipping notices for House by the Cemetery and Manhattan Baby from CDNow over the weekend.

-Jason

Jason Reynolds
05-22-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Renato:
<STRONG>I also got shipping confirmation for these two titles, but are that really the AB discs already? Has the release date changed from June to May?</STRONG>

Got them last night and they're definitely the AB versions. Not sure if the release date got moved up, or if CD Now just got an early shipment.

-Jason

Rene
05-22-2001, 02:21 PM
As for Amazon, it doesnīt look like they have it in stock yet. Donīt know if ordering there would help you getting it soon(er)...

Well, if some of you US guys already got the disc and itīs ABīs, in this case I think itīs sad that I live so far away and have to wait 1 or 2 weeks longer to receive my package ;)

Rene
05-23-2001, 11:15 PM
Hmmm, (p)reviews to all the other related AB titles are here already since some time, the HBTC disc is out at some places now, but am I the only one who is missing a horrordvds.com-quality-review to HBTC here? ;)

Rene
06-03-2001, 08:05 PM
Weekend is saved, I had a DVDate with Fulci yesterday, man that was hard waiting for ;) Okay, the new HBTC disc from AB is nice, has a cool animenu, a small pic-gallery, trailers and ***. The quality of the movie is good (partially even veryvery good, the widescreen is okay and the picture very detailed), maybe not perfect but I shut up now and complain about the green color cast and the low contrast later - nono, donīt cancel your orders, itīs not that bad! ;) Wonder what horrordvds.com says about it in the forthcoming review, until then... <a href="http://www.geocities.com/dvdrenato/hbtc.html">Here</a> are a few scans from the DVD, just in case someone should be interested ;)

NickyDoyle
06-04-2001, 02:23 PM
Renato, did you order your HBTC from Amazon? When I go to the site, it still says its coming out 6/12. Over the weekend (Friday), I saw a VHS AB tape at Saturday Matinee, but no DVD! :mad: UGG!
I just hope it's worth the wait.

Rene
06-04-2001, 03:19 PM
No, I didnīt order mine from Amazon. I donīt know but some discs were available earlier to a few stores it seems, guess the release date still is June 12. Even if I would have some little critics about it, I would still say ABīs HBTC disc is worth the wait.

baraka
06-04-2001, 03:46 PM
Got mine two weeks ago, and it is far superior to both EC versions. Also look for the lost scene as an extra in the extras menu by highlighting the spot of blood on the door.

Rene
06-04-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by baraka:
<STRONG>Got mine two weeks ago,</STRONG>
Mine was shipped 2 weeks ago and travelled around so long, thatīs the bad part of not living in the USA, you get the US-DVDs later ;)
<STRONG>and it is far superior to both EC versions.</STRONG>
Donīt know the EC discs, would probably be interesting to compare the AB disc with them. Sure ABīs has a very detailed picture and so, but is it really "far superior"? Then the last EC disc was not as great as people said? :rolleyes:
<STRONG> Also look for the lost scene as an extra in the extras menu</STRONG>
And a bit of it in the International trailer ;)
<STRONG>by highlighting the spot of blood on the door.</STRONG>
Psssssst :D