PDA

View Full Version : Demonia

Rene
05-28-2001, 01:39 AM
Well, if ABīs "House By The Cemetery" DVD doesnīt get much attention here then for something else, before the Euro Horror forum falls asleep ;) There is this "Demonia" DVD announced for June 26, it seems that most people would say itīs the movie by Fulci (and I hoped so, too), but couldnīt it be itīs only the Japanimation movie with the same title? The infos at several online stores are different, would be nice to know what this DVD really is going to be then - a Fulci or a Cartoon? ;)

Chunkblower5000
05-28-2001, 03:12 AM
Well, I've seen the cover art for it and I can tell you that it is definately the Fulci Demonia.

Werner Von Wallenrod
05-28-2001, 07:44 AM
A Fulci cartoon? What? Cool! ...Oh. Pffft.
[i]Demonia[\i] had that scene where the kid's father is tied to the two trees, right? That was a classic Fulci moment... But, besides that and the cool nun-crucifying intro, it was kinda dull-going, I thought...

Rene
05-28-2001, 09:55 AM
As for "cover art" - where can the picture to the "Demonia" Fulci-DVD be found? Just thought itīs strange that two movies with the same titel would come out the same day, and who knows if the online stores then mix up the orders if that should be so. :eek:

As for "Fulci cartoon" - hehe, probably not. Would be funny to see a cartoon version of one of his movies, I donīt know the "Demonia" Japan animation anyway. I remember the scene with that "Oops, now I have two half daddies!", the poor young-Nick-Carter-lookalike covered in red color allover (daddy must have been filled with tons of blood and then exploded or what?) pretty effective and disturbing scene ;)

DeepDownTraumaHound
05-28-2001, 08:43 PM
jak: I will trust your opinion and see this film. I've really wanted to for a long time, but was told not to. Thanks.
Amazon.com claims it's being realeased by MediaBlasters, the same company that realeased a version of Bio-Zombies. That print for bio-zombies was slightly less than acceptable, so I hope it's not standard for them and just the poor lack of film preservation in the Asian countries.
*I have one question about the film*, Is it subtitled? I know there is a dubbed version available bootleg, so I wanted to know if that was just the dub over English, or dub over Italian. thanks fellas.

jak
05-29-2001, 07:12 AM
http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Main/Demonia.gif

There ya go! I really love this Fulci film. I put up a review for it at www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) whihc it should be there. jak

jak
05-29-2001, 07:40 AM
Nope no subtitals. I'm pretty shure the print your talking about (the Japanese one right?) was dubbed over english and Italian. Because I'm shure some of the actor's were speaking English and Italian. jak

Rene
06-03-2001, 08:22 PM
Sorry, again about the "Demonia" cover-pic to the forthcoming DVD, nobody knows where itīs available? ;)

jak
06-03-2001, 09:02 PM
I've seen Demonia at www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) (My review is there) but you could also try www.dvdpricesearch.com (http://www.dvdpricesearch.com) and look for the lowest price. jak

Rene
06-04-2001, 04:05 PM
Your review is there, but I couldnīt find a cover-picture to the Demonia disc...

DeepDownTraumaHound
06-16-2001, 09:45 PM
Ok, I saw the mediablasters version, and it looks decent. about a b- . It was a TV movie, but there is some annoyances all over the pic. There is like a net effect over some outside scenes, and it' looks like crap. Grain is typical, thoughit's not too bad . I'm sure it's the best it's ever looked.
For the movie itself, I was sorely disapointed. It was so over dramatic and convoluted. Nothing was explained as far as the supernatural ghost nuns. I won't get into it because it is a Fulci film, and we all know it's not the story, just the gore. there some good scenes of that!
~R.

jak
06-17-2001, 12:21 AM
Okay first, Demonia was not a T.V. movie Fulci only did two T.V. movies around Demonia which were House OF Clocks and Sweet House Of Horrors which were to violent to air on Italian Television! I don't know what the hel your talking about, I loved this movie a lot, Fulci did a really great job with pacing, and for what he had to work with. (The crew was using equipment that was something like 50 years old!) Well to each his own. And if you only think Fulci was great at gore PLEASE watch his Giallo's and then make your decision. Have a nice day. jak

DeepDownTraumaHound
06-17-2001, 04:32 AM
You are right jak, it was not a TV movie. I admit that mistake. BUT, I merely was making my own observation with everything else. The film was dull and the effects were silly considering it was made in 1988. I am not attacking you, nor Fulci. His films are hit or miss WITH ME. I don't like many giallos, but Don't Torture a Duckling was well done. He's infamous for the gore, that's all I was saying.
But, without seeming hostile if you don't mind, answer me why the nun was trying to take the little boy, and how or why his dad got tied up. And why did Liza become what she did? There was entirely too much dialogue, too. Characters were there for no reason at all. The cat scene was really bad. I watch a lot of Italian films, and this one was a little hard to swallow. I am not telling what you should think, but I'm stating the obvious. And I'm glad you love it, i really am.

jak
06-17-2001, 05:25 AM
Sorry didn't mean to jump on ya there. I'm defensive of Fulci, so I didn't really know what you meant by saying "I won't get into it because it is a Fulci film, and we all know it's not the story, just the gore." so sorry bout that. But to answer your questions. 1: perhaps she was taking him into her world,(ie: the beyond, a world populated by the dead) or she was just using him as bait to get to the father(considering he was one of the archilogist's and he was always with someone, it seems like the logical thing to do to get him alone. 2: she's a ghost! Ghost can do things that people can't. (ex: appearing at one place and then appearing at another, or closing a door while not even being there from House By The Cemetery) 3: She was at the area where the nun's were crucified, so a nun possesed her, makes sense to me. Well as I said in my review at www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) it's a bit slow in the begining but the payoff is worth it! When I first saw the cat scene I thought it was a bit fake (Granted whilst doing this I was fastforwarding thru the dialogue parts because it was getting late) but the second time I saw the film I didn't even notice. Perhaps its all in the frame of mind that you watch it. Hope that helps. jak

Rene
06-17-2001, 10:19 AM
Hope the picture quality on the MediaBlasters disc looks at least better than on the LaserParadise one. Still couldnīt find a cover picture to it, hmmm. Can you tell details about this new DVD (uncut, WS 1.85:1 or 1.66:1 / 16x9, DD 5.1 or 2.0 English & Italian, Trailer, Extras?), and I read it would be subtitled, can that be turned off? Please post the details soon, Thanks :eek:

Rene
06-21-2001, 10:31 PM
Oops, after I placed my order I heard again the MediaBlasters DVD would have the movie in Fullscreen and Italian with fix English subtitles? Hope thatīs not the case?!? Would be nice if somebody replies, Thanks ;)