PDA

View Full Version : Question about THE OMEN

r_burgos2003
06-27-2003, 02:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone thought that when the Nanny says "Damien! This is all for you Damian!" and hangs herself/smashes through the window-was she possessed by the devil and the devil was talking through her, saying "happy birthday?" and who the fuck was Mrs. Baylock? How did she find Damien or whatever???

joltaddict
06-27-2003, 05:40 AM
She wasnt possessed she was a gift. What else do you get the spawn of Satan for his birthday? Duh. Human sacrifice.

r_burgos2003
06-27-2003, 05:49 AM
yeah, that's what i ment. I guess after you watch Rosemary's Baby....oh god! That's.....oh! I always thought she was hypnotized...what anout Mrs. Baylock? Who sent her?

RyanPC
06-27-2003, 06:07 AM
I don't know... I always wondered where that psycho-bitch came from! :D

She killed Lee Rimick! :cry:

Chucky P
06-27-2003, 06:33 AM
The kid drove her nuts (heck, he annoys the mom with pool balls later on) so that's why she hung herself.

dwatts
06-27-2003, 10:55 AM
I'll be honest, I've never really thought much about it. But reading joltaddict's post, I reckon he's got it.

I watched this recently. Sadly, I thnk I might not be a fan of American 70's horror cinema. The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist. I could do without ever seeing any of the again. They're nice and all, but for me, TV fodder, not DVD worthy.

r_burgos2003
06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
maybe she was sent by the devil...or part of a group that had to kill the parents so he can be brought up like "rosemary's baby" almost.

Ash28M
06-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by dwatts
I'll be honest, I've never really thought much about it. But reading joltaddict's post, I reckon he's got it.

I watched this recently. Sadly, I thnk I might not be a fan of American 70's horror cinema. The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist. I could do without ever seeing any of the again. They're nice and all, but for me, TV fodder, not DVD worthy.

Wow i never thought i would hear that. I consider the 70's as the Peak of Horror.

They were edgy, great atmosphere, they just had a creepiness and dirty feel to them that i have yet to see duplicated since.

but to each his own.

joltaddict
06-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Ash28M
I consider the 70's as the Peak of Horror.

Me too. I think the golden age of horror starts with NOTLD and ends with the first Evil Dead. Probally my top 50 movies came out during those dozen years.

Hellbilly
06-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Yup, same here.

Ash28M
06-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by joltaddict
Me too. I think the golden age of horror starts with NOTLD and ends with the first Evil Dead. Probally my top 50 movies came out during those dozen years.

That is right down to the year and movies exactly what I think, It's good to see i'm not the only one who holds this era of Horror close to their heart.

rhett
06-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by joltaddict
Nicely put, jolt. I like to be greedy and extend it until the first A Nightmare On Elm Street film came out in 1984, but yeah, I agree, 1969-1981 were the best years for horror and for film in general.

r_burgos2003
06-27-2003, 09:30 PM
You people should read the book GOING TO PIECES....I might sell/trade that with the TALES FROM THE CRYPT BIG book, Fangoria ISSUE 200 if the right offer came along...

dwatts
06-27-2003, 10:35 PM
The British period in this time frame was great. I was referring to the big budget Hollywood pictures of that time - which just don't appeal. I like 70's and early 80's italian too. Casting a net for a time frame is really too wide, since you have to take countries into account.

I certainly never meant all Amercan horror flicks of the 70's were bad. Just those mainstream ones. As I said, The Omen is just boring to me. Rosemary's baby is a great film, but it just doesn't BITE in a way I enjoy. The brits were kicking ass in this time frame too, as I said.

As for golden periods - hell, I love the 50's onward, all the way to the early 80's. Nightmare on Elm Street is where it started to go bad. I don't enjoy those films. I'm also not a salsher fan - and boy, they were made endlessly during this period. Still, we're all different guys :)

mutleyhyde
06-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Okay, I'll take this one. :D Moving thread to Classics forum.

Don't read if you've never watched it... instead, go to the store right fucking now and buy the damned movie, heh, damned movie :D I just always figured Satan had his hand in things, filling the servant chick with a willingness to off herself for Damian, and sending Baylock from out of nowhere... or perhaps she's in with whoever saved Damien and placed him in the convent after he popped out of the jackal. I mean, the convent burned down after he left right? There ya go, either Satan had his hand in things there too, or there was a cult, or an order of satanists, or Damienists :D behind it all.

God, I love this movie. :)

r_burgos2003
06-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Oh, OK. That's why Mrs. Baylock never really said where she was from. Did anyone like Omen 4? SEE HIM MOTHER! REALLY SEE HIM!!!! They really shouldn't have shown the mother place the gun too close to her head, because you obviously know she shot herself instead of the crazy girl.

mutleyhyde
06-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Omen 4 was pretty fuckin' awful. It didn't help much that I kept envisioning the little Pepsi brat in the demon-bitch role. I know, but I couldn't help it. Even so, aside from that, it was an awful movie. Blech.

RyanPC
07-11-2003, 03:19 AM
I don't know about any of you, but I LOVE the first three Omen movies: The Omen, Damien: Omen 2, and Omen 3: The Final Conflict are all pretty much classics in my book. I haven't seen the 4th one, and nor do I wish to. It does sound pretty stupid. :(