PDA

View Full Version : Kill, Baby.. Kill!

Mortis
07-01-2003, 08:03 AM
I watched Kill, Baby... Kill! today. This is the version that's included in the Brentwood Fright Night set.

The A/V on this disc is pretty bad, but that didn't stop me from watching it. I do have to mention one specific audio annoyance. I don't remember how long it lasted, but there was a thumping in the background for a potion of the movie. It sounds like the sound you get with a bad sampling job.

I'm probably the last person who should be reviewing movies, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I wasn't a big fan of older (pre 1970) movies except for stuff like Night of the Living Dead, but I think that's going to change. I bought a couple of the Brentwood sets from someone here a little while back to give me some new things to watch. I know the quality of the discs are usually, if not always, pretty bad, but it doesn't bother me that much.

I've never read about this flick before I watched it tonight. I'd have to say that I was pleasently suprised. It may be the fact that I haven't seen much of the older horror, so my views may change down the road, but for now, I liked it.

The dubbing of the movie is bad, and there are no subtitles, but again, I can look past these kind of problems. The gist of the flick is that a guy is called in to autopsy someone who was recently killed to see what the heck is going on. He ends up hearing stories about a ghost who's been killing these people, so ofcourse he decides to figure out what the hell is going on.

I don't want to give anything away, but hopefully you have a general idea of what to expect.

I'm not a movie connisseur by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought there were some cool things going on visually. I couldn't tell, but some of the scenery looked flat, but it didn't. Does that make sense? It was pretty cool looking, though. There were some cool zooms they did with the camera. I really liked the one in the cemetery. Another thing that I thought was really cool was the neverending room sequence. There was really no gore at all in this film, but that didn't take anything away from it.

The ending of the film wasn't anything to write home about. I thought they could have done it better. Why didn't she whack the lady? Oh well.

There were no extras on this disc at all. It was a Brentwood, so I didn't expect much anyways.

Overall - 3.25/5
A/V - 2/5
Extras - 0/5

r_burgos2003
07-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Great review! Good avatuar as well. Did you read my review and decide to watch it then make it your avatuar? Well, great review anyway.

Coverdale
07-01-2003, 07:11 PM
If you liked this film, there's a fairly lengthy list of other Bava-directed DVDs to check out...and most of them have picture/audio etc. 10 times better than KBK!

Mortis
07-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Thanks. :)

Your review did provoke me, yes.

Originally posted by r_burgos2003
Great review! Good avatuar as well. Did you read my review and decide to watch it then make it your avatuar? Well, great review anyway.

Mortis
07-02-2003, 04:26 AM
There are so many movies I have to see now. I thought there were a lot before, but now I want to see a ton of these older films, too.

Originally posted by Coverdale
If you liked this film, there's a fairly lengthy list of other Bava-directed DVDs to check out...and most of them have picture/audio etc. 10 times better than KBK!

Atmims
07-02-2003, 04:05 PM
check the original Fly out Mortis. That's always been a favorite of mine, Of course it has zero gore like most old movies but it's a good little story anyways.

hell ya!
07-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Great review Mortis. And i second the comments about the Fly, its a great flick. Vincent Price rules!:evil:

RyanPC
07-09-2003, 07:21 AM
I can't wait to see this movie now! Great review!!

And Vincent Price DOES rule!! :banana: :banana: