PDA

View Full Version : Demons DVD's

Ralph Mouth
12-29-2000, 09:11 PM
German company Dragon films are releasing Lamberto Bava's "Demons 1 + 2" as "Dance of the Demons" in PAL R0.

No.2 is crap but I'll be getting the first one which is a truly excellent and mad film. The Anchor Bay version is sadly missing some stuff during the "toilet transformation" (probably due to print damage) and the Dragon version is "fully uncut" - so it seems to be the one to go for (for me anyway). Cheers.

DVD Connoisseur
12-30-2000, 05:09 PM
I've never purchased a Dragon DVD before. What's the quality like, Ralph? I've been debating about buying Demons for some time so this double-bill may be a superb option.

Ralph Mouth
12-30-2000, 05:19 PM
I've never seen a Dragon DVD before myself - they also released Dead and Buried and Zonbi Holocaust. Apparently they are OK, not up to Anchor Bay standards. But I usually go for the fullest release as opposed to best quality picture.

Seems I've lead you a merry dance myself - Dance of the Demons 1 + 2 isn't a double bill, they are seperate releases. Sorry!!!

DVD Connoisseur
12-30-2000, 09:10 PM
No worries. Let me know what you think of the Dragon "Demons" release once you've viewed it. I'm certainly interested in footage above and beyond that of the AB release.

Ralph Mouth
01-03-2001, 10:18 PM
Will do - but not being the richest person on Earth I won't be able to afford it till next month! But if no one says anything by the time I get, I'll return with a full report.

Dave
01-04-2001, 06:02 AM
Just an FYI...we'll be reviewing both of these DVDs from Dragon in the near future. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

Jason25
01-04-2001, 06:24 AM
I also would like to hear your comments on this disc. I'm curious to hear if it is worth picking up.

Jaco
01-04-2001, 11:35 AM
Can anybody recommend an online retailer for Dragon titles ? I have been in Germany at the end of November and unfortunately only the VHS version of Dead & Buried was available at the stores then.
Do Dragon have a website ?

Ralph Mouth
01-04-2001, 11:48 AM
I don't think they do have a web site. But go to Sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk - they have just opened up a shop selling Dragon/EC/Japan shock DVD's at very reasonable prices. You can trust them too.