PDA

View Full Version : Dial Help

Cujo108
01-29-2001, 01:32 AM
This is an excellent Ruggero Deodato film. It is quite bizarre, and the atmosphere is strong. As I said, the telephone plot that this movie has is bizarre, and it is done brilliantly, and is very entertaining. A great film that needs a good DVD release. What do you all think of it?

Jason25
01-29-2001, 02:14 AM
I haven't seen this one before. Sounds like it is interesting. I'll have to check this one out.

DVD Connoisseur
01-30-2001, 11:14 PM
Anything with Charlotte Lewis misbehaving in a shower has to get the thumbs up! On a serious note, it's a very attractive movie, the visuals are striking....it reminded me a little of an Argento movie in its appearance and execution (though not as good). Definitely worth a rental but I'm not sure I'd purchase it.

Cujo108
01-27-2002, 07:20 AM
The thread about this film's R2 DVD release made me get the urge to revive my old thread to find out if there is anyone on this board who has actually seen this film besides me and DVD Connoisseur. If so, what do you think? :)

boyd1955
01-27-2002, 09:26 AM
I've seen "Dial Help"... In fact I have the 35MM trailer for it sitting in a cupboard... I would strongly advise anyone interested to watch the trailer as it has every interesting scene of the film in it and only takes up 2 1/2 minutes of your life rather that 1 1/2 hours that you would have to waste watching the whole movie... This film is a right stinker... Deodato tries to shoot stylishly and isn't really capable... Just embarassing... Realy stupid rather than surreal story... Sorry folks killer telephones don't do it for me... The whole film is a complete mess... See it and laugh at what some companies will try to sell you... Just because it's made in Europe doesn't make it Euro Cult... And Deodato isn't much cop apart from his Jungle and Cannibal Holocaust

mazzariniuk
01-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Disagree ... THE ATLANTIS INTERCEPTORS, CUT AND RUN, BODYCOUNT, THE LONE RUNNER, THE BARBARIANS and THE WASHING MACHINE were all fairly enjoyable. Granted they may not pack the punch of his Cannibal flicks, but they are far more enjoyable and easier to watch. Don't get me wrong I like his Cannibal flicks, but sometimes I can do without the realism.

Derrick Howes
01-13-2003, 11:42 PM
Christ, I posted that last message under my old Internet name, what it was to be young. Back to DIAL HELP this little gem of a DVD arrived through the letterbox this morning. Love Deodato's cameo in the phone box. Charlotte Lewis is very nice to look at and so are the visuals of this film. Nice extras, although it is a shame that my German is not what it used to be.

Yowie
01-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I saw it again a few weeks ago for the first time in more than 10 years, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Miss Lewis is indeed nice to look at and I actually think Deodato gets away with being "stylished" in a few bizarre scenes, like the strange empty room with the phones and the doves. Still, old Ruggero can't quite quit the animal stuff, this time he kills the inhabitants of a fishtank by sound !. The acting is bad, but who cares, it's worth watching for sexy Charlotte running around Rome.

boyd1955
01-16-2003, 10:57 AM
I really think you lot need to just go and have a wank if you sit through 90 minutes of this nonsense just to see Charlotte Lewis ... Get a fucking life

BlazingMagnum
01-17-2003, 07:44 PM
I really think you lot need to just go and have a wank if you sit through 90 minutes of this nonsense just to see Charlotte Lewis

Heh heh! I've been sitting through 90 minutes of bad films for about 20 years, and Dial Help was no exception. It's a terrible movie. I bought the German DVD & although I certainly enjoy watching Charlotte L prancing around in cool underwear, this still didn't excuse the awful death-by-flying-coins-from-payphone scene. Really fucking bad.

STREET TRASH
01-23-2003, 05:46 AM
I like how the Prism VHS markets this as an "erotic thriller."

I watched "Dial Help" once, years ago and it is comparable to those sleepless nights, tossing and turning at 3 in the morning - with a horrible flu conjuring up ethereal nightmares of fighting in a war.

And yes, I really do speak from experience. Ugh...

Derrick Howes
01-25-2003, 12:15 AM
I really think you lot need to just go and have a wank if you sit through 90 minutes of this nonsense just to see Charlotte Lewis ... Get a fucking life

Boyd1955 what is that all about, you got a problem with us youngsters enjoying Charlotte Lewis looking pretty in a Ruggero Deodato movie, remember you are entitled to your opinion but only when I give it to you. As for wanking, I gave that up when I realised your old lady had a nice mouth to do the job for me!

Apologies in advance if this post offends anyone apart from Boyd1955, but that old fart has pissed me off ... its pricks like him that gives us Brits a bad name. So Boyd1955 this one is for you :fuck: .

zombi3
01-25-2003, 12:55 AM
Damn, it just got cold in here! :eek: :p :banana:

hell ya!
01-25-2003, 01:44 AM
:lol: :lol: