PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Wong obscurity

Deaconesque
07-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Has anyone seen the Anthony Wong movie "Ghost Meets You"? I picked up a copy off ebay about a year ago and it has to be the biggest stinker I've ever seen. The plot is about a guy who carries the head of a murdered girl around in a bag, and he gets visited by her ghost who urges him to find the person who killed her (Wong's character). I wont bore you with the rest of the story but by the end you find out that Wong is some kind of magician who fires lightning from what looks very much like a glass dildo........ I kid you not.

I can't find it anywhere on IMDB and I'm not even 100% that it's the film's proper name ( the pic on the cover has bugger all to do with the movie).

Whenever theres any FX in the film the picture quality becomes unwatchable (which is actually pretty effective in a scene where the girls head is mistakenly used as a bowling ball in a bowling alley :D ) and Mr Wong clearly could'nt give a flying feck about the pile of cack that he's starring in as he tries his hardest to avoid acting all the way through it.

The subs are hilarious too, when a passer-by gets his bicycle stolen by one of Wong's hoods he shouts after the thief " My Car!!! ".

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Is it called something else entirely? Does anyone know why this film was made?

mcchrist
07-05-2003, 06:58 AM
Hell man, that sounds like a classic to me! I have no idea, to be honest. It doesn't surprise me that Tony would do something like that though, he's weird like that.

Luna
07-05-2003, 07:18 AM
I've heard the name before. I think it's available at www.dddhouse.com :D

Deaconesque
07-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks Luna,
Yep, that's the one, the leering demon on the cover is neither in or alluded to in any way throughout the film:D .
The site says that it's OOP, so I'm one of the lucky few too

Rereading my post, I made it sound a lot better than it actually is.There is very little gore or shocks to be had, but the unintentional hilarity caused by the subs make it an entertaining watch with a couple of beers.

Luna
07-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Oh, it sounds like a real winner. :lol:

This reminds me that I should really watch "Haunted Karaoke". I was actually laughing at the beginning of it. I guess that's all I can hope for, really. ;)