PDA

View Full Version : How is Vampire's Night Orgy?

jae
01-30-2001, 04:27 PM
This sounds like just what I'm looking for.. Travelers stranded in the Transylvania mountains, castles full of female vampires.. Has anyone seen it? Is it more like a Hammer or Bava movie or something by Jean Rollin or any of the other euro movies from this period like Devil's Nightmare? Hows the atmosphere?

Its released on R2 DVD and sounds pretty good. I may pick it up. Thanks.

Ralph Mouth
01-30-2001, 10:06 PM
Hi Jae.

I have the Pagan disc and I think its a really fun film. But note that the Pagan version, whilst uncut, is a slightly less explicit version of the film.

It's more like "Devils Nightmare", part of those cheesy 70's Euro flicks (Spain, in this case) directed by Leon Klimovsky. It's not like Rollin, whose filsm I compare to paintings: nice to look at, but not very exciting. Like I said, "V.N.O" is good fun and worth a look.

jae
01-31-2001, 12:17 AM
Hi. I'm not really sure what you mean by uncut but less explicit. How can that be?

And thats what I was afraid of. I don't care much for Rollin or those bad 70s movies. I watched them about a year ago (Devils Nightmare, Nude for Satan etc) but just recently saw Reincarnation of Isabel and while the acting isn't great in it, I enjoyed it so it may be time to take another look at those I didn't like. (I didn't like Night of the Living Dead the first time around)..

Hows the acting in Vampire's Night Orgy? Thanks.

Ralph Mouth
01-31-2001, 04:56 PM
I usually don't care about acting, unless its REALLY bad (like that woman in Reincarnation of Isabel). So I would say the acting is alright.

I'm a big fan of those old Euro horror's so my opinion is biased: I recommend you check it out.

What I meant by uncut: the BBFC passed the version they were submitted uncut, and Pagan didn't pre-cut it themselves. But the version they were sent was a slightly less explicit Spanish version. Pete Tombes told me he wanted the longer version, but that was the version they were sent. He was already behind time to get it out and had lots of pre-orders, so rather than put it off even longer and piss off the fans, he made do with the version he got. It's a really good print though, I think. The alternate version has a couple more seconds of a woman walking about in the nude and an alternate take of the scene inwhich the countess is in bed with a man. She doesn't have on a night dress in the other version, I think. Nothing major, but if that other version gets released I would go for that too. Hope that helps you.

jae
01-31-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Mouth:
I usually don't care about acting, unless its REALLY bad (like that woman in Reincarnation of Isabel). So I would say the acting is alright.

I'm a big fan of those old Euro horror's so my opinion is biased: I recommend you check it out.

Hehe yeah I agree that women in Reincarnation was BAAAD.. The chick in the tutu at the end? She almost spoiled the movie for me..
Thanks for the help. I'll check it out.

[This message has been edited by jae (edited 01-31-2001).]