PDA

View Full Version : 28 DaYs LaTeR RevieW (Spoilers)

DeathDealer
07-06-2003, 08:56 PM
The storyline is fairly simple. A man wakes up in a Hospitial to find London destered, he soons finds out that That the entire population of England as been infected by a virus which if you get infected gives you this abnormal rage to kill.

Won't say anymore about the storyline because it may ruin. NOW TO THE REVIEW.

The filiming of it is like one which we have seen before (BAMBOOLZED). But never has it been done like this. Bamboolzed was just a low-key Drama about Blacks and racism. Spike Lee's film did not need Digital Camera to shoot that film, but he did it to be the first. 28 Days Later is a film that needs it to show the Hot-Boiling-Muddy-Sweaty-Dirty-Red Blood, The Raining dripping off the unshaven, sweaty, dirty, slavaed face. It shows the real Gritty look of what the world is like. You see the Graveled, dirty, muddy, black parts of England. Not the Nice looking shot of Buckingham Palace like you usually see. The word NITTY GRITTY sums it all up. It's not like some idiotic shot from Charlie's Angels 2, of a nice Summer-Blue Day. Or some Lush music video from Hype WilliamS. It shows of what the world is like. When we watch these Big Blockbuster movies this summer, they will make it seem like New York, L.A., London, and Paris is a beautiful Looking RosE. We are all living in The Matrix, The films we see make us think they are beauitful places when it's a BIG FAT LIE. Do they show you the homeless people in Charlie's Angels, Or the Rapes in The Hulk. I THINK NOT. But in 28 Days Later they show you the backstreets of London, it shows you 99.9.9.9.9.9.9 precent of England which is a Dirty and disgusting place to live in. ENOUGH SAID.

The acting is a job that cannot be done easily. It's one of the hardest job in the entire production. If you have bad acting, the film crumbles. All I have to say is EDWARD NORTON needs to take some notes, instead playing in Hollywood movies. The acting in this film makes it look like this is happening in real-life and that with the Digital Camera makes it look like this all really happened. You may think I'm going over board with this film but mark my words, just mark it. You will be surprised on how this acting is. Watch, soon these people will be doing some labor work as a Dust Bin Cleaner or a Janitor at Mackzeine Jr. High (Hey, it could happen). ENOUGH SAID.

The Directing is in a different Ball Park and even in a different Sport. Danny Boyle has become one of my favroite Directors of all TIME. He directs the film in a way which I have never seen before. I loved how the infected crept up on the main Characters. The way the music blends in with the scares and it being silent and blasting out. What he does is, He will mute a scene where you don't hear anything and then a infected will burst through the window and when they brust through it feels louder when it's not. When it's queit for a little bit and burst with a loud nosie it makes the sound louder, and seems like the volume went up when really he's playing a sound trick on you which is WICKED. Small stuff like this, makes the film. Watch out for this stuff and you will love it more.

Now what I'm about to tell you is very important. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THNIKING THIS IS A ALL OUT HORROR FILM. It's a Horror film but it's more about Human Nature. And, how Humans are just as bad as the ZombieS.

The only problem with 28 Days Later was the ENDING. It has to be one of the WORST ENDINGS EVER. It could have beeen one of the Greatest Film's Of All Time until the last 5 Mintues. It was really sad to see a good film turn bad by the ending. I found out it was becasue the test screeners did not like and were surprised by the orignal ending, so they changed it up. DamN BastardS. But, at least the Dvd had the Alternate Ending on it. They should do what they did with Infernal Affiars, get to choose the ending so when you watch the film you can have a different ending edited in by just your choice. Japs all ways come up with the good ideas. ENOUGH SAID.

8.5/10

DeathDealer
07-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I only Got One thing to say to You.

MY OPINION

hell ya!
07-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Chris Mayo
By the Way, if you're going to post a review on a forum, you should be open to answering questions. Isnít that the purpose of posting a review on a forum in the first place? If not, then why not post it on a personal site where no one can contact you for discussion.

~ Chris

He's got you there DD.:p

DefJeff
07-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by DeathDealer
Japs all ways come up with the good ideas.

haha, nice statement there DD...

..aside from that though, as I suspected all along, reading a review from you was great and I beg you to do more! ENOUGH SAID!

Grim
07-07-2003, 01:47 AM
I personally thought this movie kicked serious fucking ass. Nice review, but I do disagree about the ending, I don't see what the big fuss was.

Nemesis
07-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Highlights one of the drawbacks of having such a broad range of maturity levels in these forums ;)

that aside, ive heard mixed reports on the ending.. me? i would have preferred if theyd done the storyboard ending.. or the hospital one.. that was ok too..

i also thought they could have spent some more time at the mansion exploring that place a bit more and giving it some character.. overall though the film gave a pretty consistent feel throughout and was pretty good in my books..

DeathDealer
07-07-2003, 07:32 PM
I would have ended it in the hospital as well. The Orignal ending ended in the hospital but the test screeners did not like the fact that Jim Died and they could not stomach that so he changed it into a ending which did not fit with the entire film's beat. It seemed out of place.

DeathDealer
07-14-2003, 08:47 PM
In the First One, It ends in the Hospitial.

In the Second One, Everything is the same but at the end you don't see Jim there with Hannah and Selena where they are in the Fields. Implying Jim died.

H0MOSareGAY
08-11-2003, 09:45 AM
I loved the movie, the only problem was that people kept answering their cell phones in the theater! seriously, if you are in a theater, TURN YOUR CELL PHONE OFF, or I will shoot you, and you will cry like a baby and say "please do not shoot me" but I will shoot you anyway and then shoot your cell phone.:fire: :cry:

--------------------------------------

this isn't a real signature, but you could probly tell :fuck:

RyanPC
08-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by H0MOSareGAY
I loved the movie, the only problem was that people kept answering their cell phones in the theater! seriously, if you are in a theater, TURN YOUR CELL PHONE OFF, or I will shoot you, and you will cry like a baby and say "please do not shoot me" but I will shoot you anyway and then shoot your cell phone.:fire: :cry:

--------------------------------------

this isn't a real signature, but you could probly tell :fuck:

:eek2:

You got a point, there. ;)