PDA

View Full Version : Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Cujo108
12-30-2000, 07:52 AM
This is one of my favorite zombie films and is one of the best films of the 90s. The zombies are very cool and the musical score is brilliant. The bizarre storyline is very engulfing and entertaining. The acting is pretty good for the most part and there is loads of gore. I also thought the film was funny at parts. Also, I though the Grim Reaper looked very awesome and had a creepy voice. Michele Soavi needs to give us another classic film like this one. Any thoughts???

fishhead
01-01-2001, 03:23 AM
Yeah, this film is awesome. It's funny as hell and wonderfully strange. One of my favorites. I only wish Soavi could make more films http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

Jason25
01-03-2001, 05:49 PM
I agree, Soavi is very talented. This is a very fun little film that really grabbed my attention.

napalm68
01-09-2001, 10:49 AM
Yeah, a fantastic film, at so many levels. On one level a hardcore zombie film, on another a SciFi film, and another a social satire, and a black comedy.

Great story. Great acting. Great effects. And for the first time in any Italian film I've ever seen, flawless dubbing http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

I'm goung to have to get it on DVD (the German one) no matter how much it costs...)

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Jason25
01-12-2001, 05:51 AM
Would love to see an SE of this film on dvd but doubt that will happen anytime soon.

It pisses me off when some of these pathetic big budget Hollywood movies get super deluxe dvd treatment yet we still can't even get any kind of Region 1 release of this movie. This upsets me.

napalm68
01-13-2001, 03:18 AM
Yeah, it shits me to. When crap like "Center Stage" can get a spec ed, and Romper Stomper can get a two disc set, why can't excellent movies like Dellamore Dellamorte get even a standard release in the US.

I am looking forward to the Nightbreed spec ed when it finally gets out at the end of the year. I have been waiting for that for so long. And I am extra eager to see the extra 25 minutes footage...

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Mark Relford
01-13-2001, 04:00 AM
I've seen Dellamorte, Dellamore once on the Bravo Channel and loved it! None of the video stores in my area carry the VHS version and my player can't play R2 discs, so I'm shit outta luck!

napalm68, I'm excited about the upcoming SE of Nightbreed! Fox/Morgan Creek really fucked Barker over on its brief theatrical run.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

napalm68
01-13-2001, 05:04 AM
Mark -

Yeah. I was fortunate enough to see it at the cinema. I love Cronenberg's performance in that film. The soft spoken sociopath. Speaking of which, we had a Masked Ball for my work xmas party a few years ago, and I made me a Nightbreed Zipperface mask, as an homage http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif. it really made people uneasy, let me tell you...

Dellamore Dellamorte goes by the name of Cemetary Man in the US - have you checked under that title?

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Mark Relford
01-13-2001, 07:11 AM
napalm68, I bet it made people uneasy! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif That mask was something else. Cronenberg has a cameo in the upcoming Jason X, which should be fun.
We'll probably never see a sequel to Nightbreed. (Since Barker doesn't want to direct anymore.)
Yep, I checked under that title, but no such luck. Even the Mom n' Pop store near me doesn't carry it. Bootleg might be the way to go.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-13-2001).]

DeepDownTraumaHound
01-13-2001, 09:05 PM
Hey Jason, did you check out my bitches in the main forum on the issue of lousy hollywood films getting the works, and most films that deserve it get shit! I am tired of it! ROTLD still missing on dvd? ERRRR!
Cemetery man (dellamorte dellamore) is out of print in the USA as far as I know. That is really crappy news, I know. You should, believe it or not, check out the corporate mongrel known as Border's books. They can get a lot of unusual titles rather quickly. I used to work there, so I got a lot of my vids & dvds there, with a taken advatage of discount of course. ebay.com is also, of course, a great source for out of print and hard to find titles.

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

Lindane
01-19-2001, 10:31 AM
Yeah, what a truly great movie. Excellently directed! Some of his transitions are just so clever. I think his son or daughter is deathly ill right now and that is why he has not done anything in awhile. I ordered that one from Sazuma 4 months ago and still havent got it. Does anyone actually know if Dellamorte has more footage than cemetary man? I think it is one minute longer. If you know so, will you tell me the difference. Is there more gore?

fishhead
01-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lindane:
Does anyone actually know if Dellamorte has more footage than cemetary man? I think it is one minute longer. If you know so, will you tell me the difference. Is there more gore?

I haven't noticed any difference between the Dellamorte Dellamore DVD and the Cemetery Man VHS release. But then, a minute is a small difference for the casual comparison I did.

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

napalm68
01-19-2001, 10:25 PM
AFAIK, the US Cemetary Man is only 100 minutes - the Australian and German PAL versions are 99 minutes at PAL speed, so that works out to 103 minutes at 24fps. However, the time diff could just in the Italian end credits. But I don't think that would account for 3 minutes difference.

I just watched it again last night, on my Australian VHS version. What a superb story. So many levels. You could easily do a thesis studying this film. I keep on picking up new things and getting closer to fully understanding the film...

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Lindane
01-21-2001, 09:14 AM
Yea, I feel you on that Napalm, there is allways something happening in that film whether you notice it or not. Dellemorte definately improves with repeat viewings. You pick up so much more everytime you watch it. Man Im fucking dying for this DVD. Anybody else know where I can find this, besides ebay and Sazuma.

napalm68
01-21-2001, 09:17 AM
Yeah - the UK horror site <A HREF="http://www.sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk/frame1.html">SexGoreMutants</A>. They take PayPal for payment. These guys are just horror fans. They have the Dragon Entertainment discs too. I think their prices would be better than Sazuma, but hard to tell due to the fact that sazuma is unusable at the moment.

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

[This message has been edited by napalm68 (edited 01-21-2001).]