PDA

View Full Version : Murder Obsession

Ralph Mouth
01-01-2001, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know if this, or any other of Riccardo Freda's films will be getting DVD treatment? Not seen "Murder Obsession" myself but it sounds kind of like "Bay of Blood" and I hear it is very gory and stylish to boot.

(Riccardo Freda did direct Murder Obsession didn't he? I suddenly had a flash that I may be wrong and can't be bothered to go check...)

Jason25
01-04-2001, 04:44 AM
He directed it. I've never seen this one, but would definitely be interested in buying it if it was released on dvd.

Crystal Plumage
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know if this, or any other of Riccardo Freda's films will be getting DVD treatment? Not seen "Murder Obsession" myself but it sounds kind of like "Bay of Blood" and I hear it is very gory and stylish to boot.

(Riccardo Freda did direct Murder Obsession didn't he? I suddenly had a flash that I may be wrong and can't be bothered to go check...)

He directed it. I've never seen this one, but would definitely be interested in buying it if it was released on dvd.
Righto,check this out:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/murder-obsession-p-12059.html

If the release is decent I'll buy it but I read that the AR could actually be 1.33:1 in stead of widescreen.
Anyone know for sure?Of course I could mail Tony about it.

Crystal Plumage
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Years went by.... Anyone bought the Raro USA release? Apparently some companies are already shipping?

Body Boy
10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
The axe and chainsaw kills are 'dark moment' kills. I think this and Trhauma are pretty underrated and undermentioned early 80s slasher flicks.

Crystal Plumage
10-30-2011, 09:48 PM
It's still on my wishlist and the US DVD is pretty cheap (compared to RARO US' other releases)
I think I'll include next time.

Crystal Plumage
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
The Blu will come out next year. April 10th, according to DVDaf.

Crystal Plumage
12-03-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.mondo-digital.com/murderobsession.html

The film's American DVD debut also comes from Raro, and this 2011 release features a radically improved, fresh new anamorphic transfer that leaps ahead in every respect. Detail increases significantly, contrast levels are much more controlled and natural, and the shaking and occasional video noise from the first DVD are now gone. Contrary to the packaging, this disc contains only the English version with the Italian language subtitled restored scenes; since the film is sloppily dubbed out of synch either way, it's not much of an issue. However, owners of the Italian DVD may want to hang on to it for the full Italian track with the original music score. The Stivaletti interview is carried over here along with uncredited liner notes featuring comments about the film and standout scenes along with a Freda filmography, plus a particularly graphic image of Gemser from her most memorable scene in the film.

Katatonia
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Sounds good. I really can't remember ever having seen this one before, but it showed up in my Amazon goldbox for right over $10 a while back...so I went ahead and pre-ordered it on the blind.

unclefred
12-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Amazon is selling the Raro disk, widescreen, for 15.49.

Katatonia
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Amazon is selling the Raro disk, widescreen, for 15.49.

It was down lower about a month back at $10.99

tropical marsh
12-07-2011, 02:50 AM
I was thinking about getting the dvd, but then I saw that it's scheduled for a blu-ray release in April. Guess I can hold out a little longer. :glasses:

unclefred
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
It was down lower about a month back at $10.99

Yes, that's what I paid in a pre-order. It shipped yesterday.

Katatonia
12-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Here's a review (and screen comparisons) between the Italian DVD and the US DVD: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews55/murder_obsession.htm

The transfers are indeed very different.

walkingdude
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM
I had no idea this even had a DVD release.I was fishing around for the old "Fear"VHS and stumbled across it.Now even a Blu-ray on April 10th.Can't wait for that.