PDA

View Full Version : Fulci soundtracks

Mark Relford
11-06-2000, 01:08 AM
Hey guys, are there any good Fulci soundtrack compilations to recommend? I was thinking about getting the Requiem in Blood CD (COTLD and The Beyond soundtracks combined) from Blackest Heart. Thanks in Advance. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

DKOSANKE
11-13-2000, 08:42 PM
Actually you may want to pass on that Requiem in Blood cd. It's actually a "grey market" release if you know what I mean. Shawn Smith of Blackest Heart put that one out years ago, and even he knew it wasn't the best quality.
Get the Beyond comic book from Blackest Heart, it contains one helluva awesome Beyond soundtrack cd, which contains more cuts than the RIB release, plus it is remastered and sounds ten times better. Also Blackest Heart will be doing a City of the Living Dead comic
and cd release soon which should be outstanding as well.

Mark Relford
11-14-2000, 02:47 AM
Thanks a million, DKOSANKE! I'll check out The Beyond comic from Blackest Heart.

------------------

Trout
11-23-2000, 03:25 PM
You also should try the Zombie/Cannibal Ferox CD (Blackest Heart) or Lucio Fulci Horror and Thriller (Beat). There is also a Zombie comic book/CD that is pretty good (I liked it better than the Beyond).

Anthony
11-26-2000, 01:29 AM
Don't know if you guys know this, but BEAT records in Italy released a huge amount of Fulci soundtracks over the past 5 years on CD, (BEAT are the official licensors), and I'd recommend them to anyone - the sound quality is excellent and the packaging is great too. The compilation LUCIO FULCI'S HORROR AND THRILLER (Beat CDCR21, 29 tracks, 79m 29s $25.95)) was the disc that started off the series, but BEAT went on to release most of the respective films individually. All of these have been reviewed in Video Watchdog magazine at the time of release.

Many of the discs were 'double feature' releases with the complete soundtracks to two movies. Some of the ones I remember are:

Fabio Frizzi's CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD/ Giuliano Sorgini's LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE CD (Beat CDCR 24, 25 tracks, 61m 17s $18.99)

Francesco De Masi's NEW YORK RIPPER / Piero Piccioni's UNA TOMBA APERTA (Beat CDCR 23, 20 tracks, 57m 58s, $18.99 - this was where Anchor Bay got the stereo theme music for the menu screens on their DVD)

Fabio Frizzi's THE BEYOND / Stefano Mainetti's RATMAN (Beat CDCR 25, 22 tracks, 59m 23s, $18.99)

Keith Emerson's MURDERROCK came out on CD through the Japanese label Soundtrack Listeners Communications (Cinevox SLCS-7158, 26m 35s, $24.95). The main title is incredibly cheesy.

Ennio Morricone's LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN (Screen Trax CDST 303, 15 tracks) was re-released recently c/o Dago Red records in the States with some cool packaging.

Walter Rizzati's HOUSE BY THE CEMETARY came out (as a comp with the Frizzi score to MANHATTAN BABY and Piero Montanari's GHOSTHOUSE) through Lucertola Media (LCMD 009, 23 tracks). ETC Magazine's Craig Ledbetter did the liner notes.

The Bixio/Frizzi/Tempera CD for Fulci's FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE came out through Cinevox in 1998.

Ortolani's DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING is also available on CD, but not through BEAT.

ZOMBIE got a BEAT release a year or two ago, but I think there's a Blackest Heart release now too.

Anyway, all of the above are recommended over REQUIEM IN BLOOD, which was duped from old LP's. The CD's above (the BEAT ones in particular) were all properly remastered from the original master tapes and sound great.

Jason25
11-27-2000, 12:49 AM
Anthony, great information!

scrybe
11-27-2000, 05:13 AM
*Groan!* well, this subject is very close to my heart because i worked on the 'zombie' book last year and never got paid by shawn for my work. if anybody wants cd soundtracks of 'zombie' (it IS a pretty cool cd) or copies of the 'beyond' book/cd, let me know. i also have the fulci tribute cd, house by the cemetery, the requiem cd and a few others (i'll have to check). i'll be happy to trade them for cool dvds that i don't have or sell them for whatever the price on them says. shawn sent me a box of stuff for a con when 'zombie' debuted, and i still have a bit left after the last fango con that i did. email me if you're interested.

Mark Relford
01-11-2001, 05:11 AM
Oops! Sorry for the f**k up!

------------------

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-10-2001).]