PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Stendhal Syndrome

napalm68
02-07-2001, 07:03 AM
I was just at Dutch Filmworks (http://www.dfw.nl) looking through their upcoming DVDs, and they have specs for their upcoming release of Stendhal Syndrome - it also contains the doco Dario Argento's World of Horror!!! The release date has been moved back to 27 Feb, though. I haven't been able to find anyone to preorder it from yet, unfortunately. It is 16:9, too.

Damn, I'm glad I held off getting the troma one...

DeepDownTraumaHound
02-07-2001, 07:46 AM
NTSC region 1, or all code? I sure hope so. that troma one is sucky!

napalm68
02-07-2001, 08:44 AM
PAL, and not sure about the region (probably just R2). Not that region coding worries me... :)

napalm68
02-09-2001, 09:09 AM
Damn it, I am about to give up trying to find somewhere that actually has it for sale that will ship overseas. I did find one site that had it for preorder, but they didn't ship outside of Holland. And I just got an email back from Proxis saying that they checked with their suppliers and don't know if or when they will have it available.

I guess I should just wait on Proxis - they have every other Dutch Filmworks title there that I could see... :(

Jason25
02-10-2001, 05:33 AM
I want this very badly. I hate the fact that it is so difficult to find some of these excellent releases. I'm determined to buy this.

napalm68
02-10-2001, 05:54 AM
Yeah, me too. I imagine Proxis will get it, but I hate waiting, and the uncertainty. Not to mention the language difficulty - I can't find any web site to translate Dutch... :)

It is pretty hard finding some titles, in Europe, generally. Especially the FSK18 German titles - I still haven't come across a German online store with Dellamore Dellamorte...

napalm68
02-11-2001, 12:32 PM
They don't have Stendhal Syndrome listed yet (it wasn't on their last newsletter I got). Plus, their web site is absolutely attrocious. No, make that truly pathetic...

Also, I find their pricing a bit suspect. For example, Last House on the Left, which you can buy shipped worldwide from Proxis for about 33 NLG, chainsaw are wanting 55 NLG PLUS shipping... The retail price for Last House is 30 NLG...

piggwinn
02-11-2001, 12:35 PM
Try here they have it listed and they ship outside Holland.www.silverscreen.nl

napalm68
02-11-2001, 11:10 PM
Piggwinn - thanks for that. That was one site I didn't come across in my hours of searching... :)

napalm68
02-11-2001, 11:15 PM
Hell, these dudes don't even list prices... Nor do they have online ordering facilities...

I might just send them an email.

napalm68
02-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Bingo - Proxis (http://owas.proxis.be/gate/jabba.coreii.g_p?bi=4&sp=DETAILS&mi=3434070&si=9855473) have it for preorder now...

Jason25
02-15-2001, 08:50 AM
Very cool Info. Can't wait for this one.

Rene
03-03-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by napalm68:
Yeah, me too. I imagine Proxis will get it, but I hate waiting, and the uncertainty. Not to mention the language difficulty - I can't find any web site to translate Dutch... :)

It is pretty hard finding some titles, in Europe, generally. Especially the FSK18 German titles - I still haven't come across a German online store with Dellamore Dellamorte...

Well, thatīs no wonder... they are not allowed to send "18" rated titles via mail, so they just donīt carry/offer them...

napalm68
03-06-2001, 12:30 PM
Renato - Damn, is that the reason. That is very very annoying. I wish someone else would release Dellamore Dellamorte... :(

But my Dutch Stendahl Syndrome should arrive tomorrow, hopefully... :) I got it from Free Record Shop, eventually, as their prices are pretty good, although only limited english on the site... And they answer email queries, too.

Rene
03-06-2001, 10:11 PM
Renato - Damn, is that the reason. That is very very annoying. I wish someone else would release Dellamore Dellamorte... :(

Yes, thatīs the reason. You are right, itīs annoying... and weird actually ;( They take a lot care that nobody under 18 has any access to "FSK18" titles. In shops they may not be displayed and have the cover-pic removed so that little kids donīt get heart-attacks when looking at such dangerous titles ;) And mailorder-companies may not sell/ship them generally, some who dared anyway were closed lately. Since the German Online shops mainly concentrate on customers in their own country they would see no reason to offer such titles just for a few foreign customers, so that affects even you. Is "Dellamore" not out in any other country yet ? Well, but have you tried Online shops in Austria/Switzerland yet ? I guess they should carry German titles and can act more freely.

napalm68
03-08-2001, 10:02 PM
Renato - do you have any Austrian / Swiss online store links?

iguana
03-09-2001, 02:49 PM
You can get the Dellamorte DVD from the following places:
www.absurd-online.dk (http://www.absurd-online.dk)

A danish site which is fast and 100% reliable. Only problem no paypal or creditcards yet.
http://www.sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk/frame1.html

No creditcards but accepts paypal - is also reliable.

napalm68
03-09-2001, 10:39 PM
An online store that doesn't accept credit cards or paypal... That is pretty funny.

Rene
03-11-2001, 01:27 AM
Renato - do you have any Austrian / Swiss online store links?

Hmmm, sorry I donīt have a direct link, I only had the idea that the DVD should be available from Austria or Switzerland, tried to find some links and saw this...
http://www.dvd-inside.ch/links/links-handel.shtml

... although I donīt know if any of these shops has the "Dellamore" DVD, maybe this helps a bit anyway (?)

napalm68
03-15-2001, 08:12 AM
My Dutch Stendhal Syndrome turned up. Yes, it is anamorphic, but unfortunately, it's missing the encoding that tells the player that it is, so if you have a 4:3 TV without 16:9 mode (like I do), you have to watch it vertically stretched. God damn it. Unless there is just a problem with the driver on my player. I might test it on another one. :(

napalm68
03-15-2001, 08:25 AM
Damn, it must be player specific - I tried it on PowerDVD and I could get it to show letterboxed. Doesn't work on my DXR2...

napalm68
03-15-2001, 09:57 AM
Hmm, definitely a problem disc. PowerDVD can barely play it (I have to bring up the audio menu, start playing the doco, and then skip to the feature title).

But, on the aspect ration side, it is anamorphic 1.66:1, which is the theatrical ratio. Their is a black bar at the sides (which you could see if you have zero overscan, but it is outside of the safe regions).

Update: Hmm, this is even getting more confusing - the 3.5 series of Creative players have a bug with anamorphic PAL discs, something to do with the crop settings, so someone on the web had a patch for registry settings of 3.0 players that you could apply - that did the trick. But now there is no black area on the side, so I am not real sure what the aspect ratio is, or what is just the players. But I'm giving up now while I'm at least ahead... I'll post an update when I get to watch it...